• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

GAP 300 WSM $1,995

Biebs

I took this rifle in on trade some time ago, but haven't used it. The original OD finish on the metalwork as getting a bit marked up, so I polished it down and coated it with a black Dura-Bake finish. It's built on a Remington 700 action, with a Timney trigger, KRG chassis stock, and a hi-cap magazine. Here's the listing on Guns Intl before I re-coated it. I'll ship it taken down to save on shipping, and you can set all your preferred torque setting when assembling.

Here it is now.

Is this a short action? How much for just the BA?

I normally hunt with Steyrs or double rifles, but I see that the action opening is about 1/2" longer than my 350 Rem Mag I have in the safe, so I'm assuming it's a long action for seating longer VLD bullets. I don't have a use for the stock, so really can't split it up.

I normally hunt with Steyrs or double rifles, but I see that the action opening is about 1/2" longer than my 350 Rem Mag I have in the safe, so I'm assuming it's a long action for seating longer VLD bullets. I don't have a use for the stock, so really can't split it up.

ok thanks for the quick reply. Need a SA and me too, no use for the stock. GLWS!

I'm no expert. The gap rifles that I have seen made from a Remington 700 will have the gunsmiths personal mark or symbol on the underside of the action. If you find the smith's mark you can figure out what gap smith build the rifle.

You're right! There is a marking under the action. I'll have to get a magnifier to make out what the initials are. At my age, my eyes aren't that sharp :)