Game prayer.

This one is very close to what I remember. It is a Cherokee hunting prayer:

Hunting prayer

"Give me the wind. Give me the breeze. Yu! O Great Terrestrial Hunter, I come to the edge of your spittle where you repose. Let your stomach cover itself; let it be covered with leaves. Let it cover itself at a single bend, and may you never be satisfied. And you, O Ancient Red, may you hover above my breast while I sleep. Now let good dreams develop; let my experiences be propitious. Ha ! Now let my little trails be directed, as they lie down in various directions. Let the leaves be covered with the clotted blood, and may it never cease to be so. You two (the Water and the Fire) shall bury it in your stomachs. Yu!"

Similar to many folks, I thank God for every critter He blesses my family with. Every hunt is an opportunity to be in His creation, enjoying some of what He created.

At the beginning of every hunt, I pray for: safety, thank Him for the opportunity to be enjoying my day in His creation, and ask that I may be successful.

At the end of each hunt, I pray: thanks that I made it back safely and again for the opportunity.

If successful: I simply say the words that come to mind. Generally thanking Him for the blessing of the meat my family now has, for continuously providing for us, and for the critter itself and the nourishment it is soon to bring our bodies.

Nothing standard about the actual prayers, except that my prayers are a standard part of our hunts.

I admire your uncle for that sounds like a Godly man. I always start my hunt with Hebrews 11-6 for without faith it is impossible to please GOD, those that come to GOD must believe that he is and that he is a rewarder of those that diligently seek him. Then after the hunt I always thank him. Thessalonians 5-18 in everything give thanks for this is the will of GOD in CHRIST JESUS concerning you

Our families tradition is to always have a "toast to the fallen game" with the first meal from a harvest.

In the field after a successful harvest I say a small prayer, thanking the animal for giving its life for our nourishment.

The most important thing for my kids to learn is to treat resource with reverence and respect. I teach this by endeavoring to use every bit of the animal I can and to use it well. Overcooking or worse, spoilage, is the highest form of sacrilege in our house.

When I was a very young boy, my uncle said a beautiful prayer at the side of my first deer claim. I only heard it once. He passed early the next year. I have tried for over 40 years to remember what he said. Do any of you folks have a "game prayer" you say at your game claim side? I have heard a couple of native Indian prayers, but would like to hear any you would like to share.
Found these, hope it helps

Attachments

• hunters prayer 11.jpg
    hunters prayer 11.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 64
  • hunter's prayer22.jpg
    hunter's prayer22.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 71
  • hunter's prayer33.jpg
    hunter's prayer33.jpg
    310.7 KB · Views: 65
Oh lord baby Jesus thank you for blessing my social media with more content, may this one of many animals I killed this season and have no ability to consume fill my page with likes and comments amen.

Similar to many folks, I thank God for every critter He blesses my family with. Every hunt is an opportunity to be in His creation, enjoying some of what He created.

At the beginning of every hunt, I pray for: safety, thank Him for the opportunity to be enjoying my day in His creation, and ask that I may be successful.

At the end of each hunt, I pray: thanks that I made it back safely and again for the opportunity.

If successful: I simply say the words that come to mind. Generally thanking Him for the blessing of the meat my family now has, for continuously providing for us, and for the critter itself and the nourishment it is soon to bring our bodies.

Nothing standard about the actual prayers, except that my prayers are a standard part of our hunts.
Very nice. Thanks!

Our families tradition is to always have a "toast to the fallen game" with the first meal from a harvest.

In the field after a successful harvest I say a small prayer, thanking the animal for giving its life for our nourishment.

The most important thing for my kids to learn is to treat resource with reverence and respect. I teach this by endeavoring to use every bit of the animal I can and to use it well. Overcooking or worse, spoilage, is the highest form of sacrilege in our house.
Starting and practicing traditions are important. Passing them to the kids is paramount. Thanks!

Oh lord baby Jesus thank you for blessing my social media with more content, may this one of many animals I killed this season and have no ability to consume fill my page with likes and comments amen.
Really? Oh those with small minds take note. Naw. This is a joke, right? Come on, really?

Last edited:
What, just is that suppose to be. Trying to be funny, know no better, or are you on the wrong forum.
It's a joke. If you read his previous post this will make more sense. But unfortunately this is what alot of hunters really do think nowadays. Let me rephrase that, this is what alot of people that go hunting think, not the way a true hunter thinks.