G7 BC help

Tumbleweed

Does anyone have Bryan Litz' tested G7 BC for the 180 Tipped TSX bullet? You can convert JBM's .484 G1 to G7 and run that but the outputs are quite different between the .484 and converted .231 G7. Would like to start with the most accurate G7 BC I can. Need to make an accurate drop chart for a friend who uses these. Thankyou
Jesse

I don't have the Litz G7 that you asked for. But, here's my $.02...

You're talking about a .484 G1 BC and a TTSX that requires minimum 1800-1900 fps impact velocity for proper expansion.

30-378 Wby = 1818 fps @ 850 yds

That's not a real long ways out there. So, I don't think the G7 BC is really going to give you a lot better information than the G1 and some actual range testing.

If G7's and shooting to 1k and beyond is what you want, then Barnes is probably not your best choice although, they do make a very good product for other applications.

-- richard

I don't have the Litz G7 that you asked for. But, here's my $.02...

You're talking about a .484 G1 BC and a TTSX that requires minimum 1800-1900 fps impact velocity for proper expansion.

30-378 Wby = 1818 fps @ 850 yds

That's not a real long ways out there. So, I don't think the G7 BC is really going to give you a lot better information than the G1 and some actual range testing.

If G7's and shooting to 1k and beyond is what you want, then Barnes is probably not your best choice although, they do make a very good product for other applications.

-- richard

Thanks Richard. This is precisely why I don't use the TTSX for long range stuff personally, doesn't have a good enough BC and it's too hard to expand at the distances I like to be able to hunt at. Like I said, this drop chart is for a friend who is still stuck on Barnes bullets for really long range stuff out to 1100 yards or so. I know that's asking way too much from these bullets even at a muzzle velocity of 3,270fps, or any .30 cal velocity as far as that goes. Haven't got him convinced yet to switch to a 190 or 210 VLD in his 300 Wby. He's stuck on the monolithic idea? Anyway, point is, he's shooting a long ways with this bullet and I wanted to get him the most accurate drop chart that I could.

Mikecr -

Are we getting TSX and TTSX mixed up?

The TTSX should definately have a higher BC than the plain TSX.

-- richard

I believe I have Richard. I saw 180 TSX, which is listed in Bryan's book.
The 180TTSX isn't in the first addition.
Sorry for the bad info folks. Will edit above..

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.