Future Ibex options (2026)

Spain SouthEaster Ibex Down!

IMG_3816.jpg

Very informative response.
What do you think?
Canada and the USA has extensive ag trade agreements...
What kind of forms do you think you will need to fill out?
How much will it cost for a vet to certify it?
Your on the other side of the world, how many freezers do you think are available close by for you to use?
How long do you think its going to take you to travel home?
What if there is a delay or missed flight?
How much extra does it cost to ship it?
How are you going to keep it cool?
Can you even find and buy a cooler where you are going?
Is there room in the vehicle to transport the cooler to the airport?

How big do you think an ibex is?

Theres a million what ifs and any one of them can ruin the whole plan

Its not the same as hunting a caribou and moose in newfoundland

It's the logistics of any long distance hunting trip. Careful advance planning, and details. But the US gov't is against you on this one.

It's the logistics of any long distance hunting trip. Careful advance planning, and details. But the US gov't is against you on this one.
Have you gone over seas hunting before?
Just trying to fly with a rifle is not very fun in a lot of countries
Its not the simple logistics of a long distance hunting trip

Since I would also be touring and sight seeing for most of my trip, and not just hunting. I'd rent the outfitters rifle.

Im with Marky_mark, delayed flights and set backs are the norm in those parts of the world. Id never even consider bringing the meat back, locals would benefit more from it than me anyway.

I have never brought "meat" back but have done the proper paperwork to roll up and bring the cape and horns back…it is an easy process—but you need to do the paperwork sometime 4-6 months in advance

I have never brought "meat" back but have done the proper paperwork to roll up and bring the cape and horns back…it is an easy process—but you need to do the paperwork sometime 4-6 months in advance
Is this something a outfitter will pre plan for you. Also for the cape and horns how did you pack that on the airplane?

Is this something an outfitter will pre plan for you. Also for the cape and horns how did you pack that on the airplane?
You won't be able to bring the capes and horns back with you at the same time. The meat probably won't even be carried down the mountain