FS Savage long action

Discussion in 'Gun Parts - Stocks, Barrels, Actions, etc.' started by MachV, Dec 4, 2009.

1. MachV

MachV Well-Known Member

Sold Pending Funds
    Flat back long action with three screw trigger, .473 bolthead, custom bolt handle and 20MOA EGW base. $275 shipped.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 6, 2009
  2. TrophyHunter_colorado

TrophyHunter_colorado Well-Known Member

Is it a small shank? I am pretty sure it is , do you have the spring and plate for the mag box? I am interested

3. MachV

MachV Well-Known Member

It is small shank and the spring follower is laying underneath he action in the pic. No recoil lug. Nice smooth action that I bought for a project a while back but somehow I ended up with too many Savages...If thats possible??

4. geargrinder

geargrinder Well-Known Member

No it isn't possible....:D

5. MachV

MachV Well-Known Member

Your right Geargrinder! It would be nice if the BATF would allow this action to be built as a pistol !! Instead I have to sell this one to be able to aford a new undesignated action??? The worst part is then all the barrels laying around here are not only too long(I can fix that!!) but the shank is too small......Will a hielacoil fix that:rolleyes:
    By the way I also have a new unfinished laminant stock for this action around here I'd let go for $100

6. zuba

zuba Well-Known Member

I was hoping thats why you were selling it! :) for pistol barrels check out mcgowen, they were running a special (I think $90) on 15" blanks, and like $10 each additional inch... then they could chamber it and thread for the nut/action for a reasonable price. Mine is working out real nice