• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED FS: New IOR 3-18x42mm Tactical Illuminated MP-8 Reticle 35mm Tube + TPS 'Low' Rings

Pdvdh

FS: New IOR 3-18x42mm Tactical Illuminated MP-8 Reticle 35mm Tube (Price Drop)

I have for sale a new IOR 3-18x42mm Tactical Illuminated MP-8 Reticle scope that has never been mounted. The MP-8 reticle is in the second focal plane. I received this scope last month - see photo of shipping box with USPS dated postmark - directly from Valdada Optics, Littleton, CO. Includes factory screw-on sunshade and lens covers. This scope has a 35mm tube. Included is a set of Tactical Precision Systems (TPS) 'Low' 35mm scope rings to fit a picatinny rail. $1275 shipped & insured within USA. Shipping via US Postal Service.

Feel free to send me a PM with any questions.

IOR3-18x42mmRightSide.jpg

IOR3-18x42mmLeftSide.jpg

IOR3-18x42mmEyepiece.jpg

IOR3-18x42mmUSPSStamp.jpg

IOR35mmTPSRings.jpg

IOR35mmTPSRings2.jpg

Last edited:
Re: FS: New IOR 3-18x42mm Tactical Illuminated MP-8 Reticle 35mm Tube + TPS 'Low' Rin

Can you exchange it for the same model with first focal plane reticle?

Re: FS: New IOR 3-18x42mm Tactical Illuminated MP-8 Reticle 35mm Tube + TPS 'Low' Rin

Can you exchange it for the same model with first focal plane reticle?

No, I can't trade this out for the FFP model. I'm not a dealer. Just a retail purchaser and user. Sorry.

Re: FS: New IOR 3-18x42mm Tactical Illuminated MP-8 Reticle 35mm Tube +TPS 'Low' Ring

Original $1325.

Price drop to $1275.

Last edited:

I've been busy and haven't pursued the sale of this scope. But I still have it and it is still unused, and it is still for sale. ^ ^ ^

are you looking for any trades?

No thank you, I am not interested in trades.

Last edited:

I am curious to why you are selling it when it is brand new?? What is your opinion of it? I have been looking at this very scope for a 338 Lapua but I probably won't be able to afford it until after the holidays. thanks!!

I own two of these scopes. After a couple years of use, this one started acting up, as I was unable to obtain proper focus with the parallax adjustment. I sent in back to Valdada in Colorado and they ended up shipping me one of their new model replacement scopes.

The glass on these scopes is excellent. The MP-8 reticle is excellent. Turret adjustments are accurate and reliable. If you're going to use a muzzle brake, I'm not sure if these scopes will stand the test of time. I used this scope for quite some time without a muzzle brake and no problems. Problems occurred after I placed it on a 338 Edge with a 4-port muzzle brake. So if you're going to place a muzzle brake on a 338 Lapua, then perhaps a different brand of scope would be best. If you're going without a muzzle brake, I believe this scope would be durable.

Anyhow - the Valdada warranty service was fine. They looked at the scope and sent me this new replacement.

I'm keeping my other IOR 3-18X. Selling this new one. These scopes weigh about 29 oz. I'm moving away from these heavier scopes towards scopes that weight no more than ~22 oz. The Sightron SIII 6-24x50mm is my current favorite lighter weight scope. I own two and have a third one on order.

Any more questions, fire away.

Last edited:

Here's a photo of the serial number off the eyepiece end of the scope.

SerialNumber10708Photo.jpg

Sold - spf

This scope is SOLD, pending receipt of payment.

Thanks to all that expressed an interest.