• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED fs:New custom varmint rifle - SOLD.

PrimeTime

Remington short action completely blue printed with factory trigger tuned and set at a crisp 1 pound. Shilen select match ss barrel is 26 inches long and .825 at the muzzle. Barrel has a matte finish.
Stock is laminated wood with wide varmint style forend and is glassed and pillar bedded.
Chambered in 257DGR which is the 308 case with shoulder pushed back to make a 30 degree shoulder, longer neck, and necked to 25 caliber. For a tight neck, turned case, use 308 Norma brass or for convenient loading, use 260 brass. Very efficient and accurate BR style case that packs a punch.
Includes dies, brass, and trued Leupold bases and rings. Gun has been shot only break in rounds, less than 30. Preliminary results showed sub half minute of angle no problem at all.
Ship it to you in a gun case with accessories
for $1,100.
[email protected]

[ 05-27-2002: Message edited by: PrimeTime ]

[ 06-22-2002: Message edited by: PrimeTime ]

Ok guys, need the cash, ship to you with all the accessories in a gun case for $1,000.

[ 05-27-2002: Message edited by: PrimeTime ]

PT,

Tell me a little @ the rifle, as the caliber is an unknown for me:

1. Twist
2. Loads/bullets
3. Velocity
4. Who built it?

Thanks.....

Speedy-
Check out www.duanesguns.com, Duane Spooner built the rifle and developed the cartridge.
The twist is 1 in 10 which will stabilize a wide variety of bullets from the 75 grain V-Max all the way up to the 115 and 120 grain bullets. I have only shot the 100 and 115 grain Ballistic Tips, 5 shots each. Both groups were .5" or less. The 115's had a velocity of 3,020fps and the 100 grainers were at 3,225. I didn't push these loads and haven't shot it since. If memory serves me, it was H4350.

Can you use once-fired factory match .308 brass to make the 257DGR? I have a large supply of it on hand....
wink.gif

You can use 308 brass. It would require FL resizing in an intermediate die first, like the 7mm-08. Necking down from 308 to 257 probably wouldn't work all in one shot.
Depending on what brass you have, you may have to turn the necks. I believe the chamber is a .288 and using 260 brass, a loaded round is .284, the 308 would probably be a bit thicker than that.
I am including about 100 rounds of brass with rifle.