• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED FS: Jarrett Long Ranger in .300 Jarret/.243 Catbird

nosualc

2wdx1ys.jpg

included:

Jarrett Tri-Lock Action
.300 Jarrett bbl - 27" w/Brake (installed)
.243 Catbird bbl - 28" w/Brake
Separate bolts for 300 Jarrett (Magnum boltface) and .243 catbird (.308 boltface)
Jewell trigger
Talley 30mm Rings
Short fore-end Picatinny Rail (for Atlas bipods)
Redding .300 Jarrett dies (FL, NK, ST)
200 pieces of .300 Jarrett factory brass (properly head stamped, 150 new, 50 fired).
Load information
Custom cut foam for Pelican 1750 case
Jarret aluminum bore guide (not pictured)
Custom 20MOA Picatinny rail from Warner tool (not pictured)
(the scope is not for sale)

$5500 shipped from my FFL to yours. US only.

This rifle shoots exceptionally well at 300-600 yards with minimal load development. I took a 65" B&C class moose with the Barnes 175gr LRX bullet at 3350fps. Due to the muzzle brake, the recoil on this rifle is very light.

More pictures upon request, and I will answer any questions you might have.

//http://www.jarrettrifles.com/long-ranger.html
http://www.jarrettrifles.com/pet-calibers.html

-nosualc

What is the weight on this gun? is this the heavy barrel model? Do the barrels thread into the action like normal or is this a quick change system that I haven't seen before?
Thanks, Dave

Dave,

This is the heavy barrel model. The barrels are threaded (normal).

As pictured (with the scope), the .300 Jarrett weighs in at 13#ish. The catbird barrel has a little more taper to it and probably weighs in a pound or so lighter.

-nosualc

What is the round count on each of the barrels? Do you have dies and brass for the Catbird as well?

Thanks,
Dave

What is the round count on each of the barrels? Do you have dies and brass for the Catbird as well?

Thanks,
Dave

I do not have brass and dies for the Catbird. It has not been fired since it left Jarrett (Jarrett fires all their barrels and works up loads before they leave, so it has been shot).

The .300 has been shot by me just under 100 times to the best of my reckoning. I bought it used, so I cannot say for certain how many rounds total. My borescope showed some wear in the barrel when I got it, I would estimate another 200, but this is an estimate. It is far from shot out.

I am selling it because it is not likely I'll need such a big hitting gun for quite some time. I bought it specifically for an Alaska hunt that I'm not likely to repeat any time soon. It's too nice a gun to sit in my safe.

-nosualc

Recent Posts