• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED FS: Custom Sako 300 RUM

bailey1474

<strong>SPONSOR</strong>
It pains me to sell this thing as it was my first custom rifle, but it's time to move on. The rifle is built on a Sako 75 AV action and was trued and built by a local smith named Steve Baldwin of Mechanical Accuracy in Jones, OK.

30" 4 groove Lilja 1-10"
JP brake (which was indexed wrong as you can see in one pic)
Near Mfg base
McMillan A5 stock (can't remember exact colors)
original Sako mag and bottom metal
Factory trigger set @ 1.75# (very nice)

The gun has about 600 rounds down the tube + or - 50. It still shoots .25 to .5 MOA w/208 gr Hornady Amax as well as the 210 WC. The other day I shot about a 6" 3 shot group on a gong @ 980 yds w/the Amax in a 25 mph crosswind!! I have also shot the 240 SMKs w/good success in the rifle. If you buy the rifle I'll throw in 100 or so of the 210 WC.

100_0725.jpg

100_0723.jpg

100_0721.jpg

100_0719.jpg

100_0727.jpg

The thing on the bbl just over the chamber is the remenants of my lame attempt @ using the RSI pressure trace. I could be removed w/a little effort.

Selling rifle only. No bipod, sling, scope or rings. Asking $1250 shipped to your FFL. Again, I hate to sell her but I'm building a lightweight .338 and something's got to go. Email me @ the address in my profile.

Could you tell me how much it weighs and if you have added any weight to the stock itself?

Re: SPF

SPF

This may be a little to late but,

It weighs in @ about 18# scope bipod and all. No I haven't added any weight to the stock.