• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Fs custom 280 ai

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brianc74

FS is a Custom 280 AI. Here are the specs.

Rem. 700 7 digit serial fully blueprinted
PTG onepiece bolt with mini16 extractor and complete with speedlock
Brux #5 fluted 1-9 twist finnished at 27.5 inches
Chamber is first cut with PTG piloted reamer with throat cut for 168-180 Berger with the camber cut also for Nosler brass
Stock is a High Tech varminter, pillar bedded with a Karsten cheekpiece.
Trigger fully worked over and is set at 17oz and breaks like glass
KG KOTE on all metal
Scope base is a EGW 20moa
Rings are Warren30mm
Scope is a Vortev ViperHS 4-16-50 with a Deadhold BDC retical RIFLE TOTAL WT IS 10lbs even
Redding FL die set with 100 pieces of Nosler brass
Rifle has 12 round fired with H4831. Showing real potential with some .5 inch groups at 150 yards. Velocity with 64.5 of H4831 doing 3175 with no pressure yet with168 Bergers VLD hunting.
WTS rifle,die set, and brass for $3200. For the scope,rings and base to go with it $3800.00 + shipping OBO

Attachments

• Riley Birthday #8 017.jpg
    Riley Birthday #8 017.jpg
    146.4 KB · Views: 16
  • Riley Birthday #8 020.jpg
    Riley Birthday #8 020.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 18
  • Riley Birthday #8 021.jpg
    Riley Birthday #8 021.jpg
    137.1 KB · Views: 10
  • Riley Birthday #8 015.jpg
    Riley Birthday #8 015.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 13
  • Riley Birthday #8 018.jpg
    Riley Birthday #8 018.jpg
    126.4 KB · Views: 13
  • Riley Birthday #8 016.jpg
    Riley Birthday #8 016.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Very nice! This is pretty much what im going to build next. I'm going to use a #4 barrel @ 26 inches to keep the weight down. Do you think the hightech stocks are better than the HS stocks? Who built it? Why are you selling?

FS is a Custom 280 AI. Here are the specs.

Rifle has 12 round fired with H4831. Showing real potential with some .5 inch groups at 150 yards. Velocity with 64.5 of H4831 doing 3175 with no pressure yet with168 Bergers VLD hunting.

Nice rifle, very nice.

64.5 gr. H4831 w/168 VLD's at 3175 fps - now that's SMOKING out of a 280AI - you are in 7mm rem mag. specs. Hope your scale is measuring high because you are in some real serious pressure territory but if you're getting that kind of velocity - WOW.
I'm a 280AI nut and have never got where you are at and neither of my rifles will come close to those pressures/velocity.

I'd be careful.

Hornhunter: I do like the High Tech over the HS. The stock comes as a blank with no inleting, butpad or anything done to it. My gunsmith is Ed Sweet of Boise ID. He then inlets, pillarbeds, installs a Kickeez pad, and paints with Zillotone paint. The #5 brux only weighed 3lbs 2 0z chambered. I am selling to build a 338 Norma (ANOTHER ONE).

Cowboy: I must have got lucky with the chamber and barrel combo. I have shot this load twice with 2 3shot groups doing a small breakin

Nice rifle, very nice.

64.5 gr. H4831 w/168 VLD's at 3175 fps - now that's SMOKING out of a 280AI - you are in 7mm rem mag. specs. Hope your scale is measuring high because you are in some real serious pressure territory but if you're getting that kind of velocity - WOW.
I'm a 280AI nut and have never got where you are at and neither of my rifles will come close to those pressures/velocity.

I'd be careful.

I haven't either. I have gotten around 3000 fps, but with some overpressure signs so I backed off. Right now, i can get great groups in the 3s with my rig at 2920 fps average with max load of RE22 through a 29" bbl.

YOu must have a fast, fast, fast barrel, or your chrono is off.

I haven't either. I have gotten around 3000 fps, but with some overpressure signs so I backed off. Right now, i can get great groups in the 3s with my rig at 2920 fps average with max load of RE22 through a 29" bbl.

YOu must have a fast, fast, fast barrel, or your chrono is off.

Regardless of the crony readings - 64.5 gr of H4831sc tells me he
may be getting that kind of velocity but I don't have that big of Kahuna 's to be the nut behind the bolt.

I'm not doubting it though in that I ran a. 280 Rem at velocities for 10 years that. no charts said I could. If that was my rifle/barrel combination I would not sell it at any price. Someone is going to get a once in life time combo.

Don't want to hijack thread anymore but I don't believe you got anywhere near those velocities with a 280rem and that large of bullet.

To the seller, nice looking rig. But stay safe with those hand loads.

Nice looking gun brian. Were you using large rifle primers or large rifle magnum primers???. I am thinking I like that stock more then mine. Someone is going to get a sweet shooting gun.

Hey guys sorry on the 3175 fps. My chrono was broken. Bought a new one. With 64.5 it is doing 3075 with the Berger 168s. Doing a real big price drop.
Without scope $2800 and with scope $3300 Trades welcomed

PRICE DROP

Rifle, brass, dies and EGW base for $2400+shipping
Scope and rings $500+shipping

Status
Not open for further replies.