• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED FS-Brand New swaro lazer guide

huntinfool18

I have a brand new swaro rangefinder. i have taken it out of the box to see how good i works and ranged every time at 1 mile, havent tried to range any further. $850 shipped to your door. interested in trades also, let me know what you got.
thanks huntinfool18
swaro.jpg

Last edited:
hey guys. i have had a few people ask me if this thing will really range a mile so i took some pics. kinda hard to see but the 1st pic says 1777 and the 2nd 1726. thanks huntinfool18
swaro002.jpg

swaro001.jpg

I ranged more than 1900yds with mine last week. Ranging a hillside in bright sun is tougher and it can be tough when its really bright, but I can usually just range a shadow on the hillside. When its not super bright I've never had any kind of problem ranging anything I cared to shoot.

YMMV

AJ

Question: Where in that circle is it actually ranging.

As the slope flattens the ranges in the circle are considerable. Probably enough to cause a miss if an animal size area cannot be lazed?

i wasnt really trying to range anything. i just put it on mt tripod pushed to button and took the pics. i was mainly trying to get a pic of anything over 1700yds to prove to the people who didnt think it could do it. huntinfool18

Question: Where in that circle is it actually ranging.

As the slope flattens the ranges in the circle are considerable. Probably enough to cause a miss if an animal size area cannot be lazed?

On mine, you typically have to have a pretty good target in the circle. Random sloping ground with a big range in the circle usually won't give you a reading (for good reason). But pick a tree, animal, rock, log etc. to give you a good reading and it will repeat the same reading over and over again.

AJ

AJ Further Clarification/Description

Not being in the field and actually used the swaro and from my experience only with other brands I'm trying to get a better feel for what you are saying.

There is an elk in huntinfool18's first image. Up and to the right of the aiming circle in a bit of a clearing.

The elk is a nice 6X6 just for the score about 394.68;) its the last day of the season and your first opportunity for a shot so there is a lot riding on this one. No pressure, eh:D You know you can make the shot under the atmos conditions at that distance if you know the range precisely.

Oh Yeah, huntingfool18 is busy at work and you said you were just dropping by to look at the horse.;)

The circle includes the elk, the juniper behind it, the shadow to the right and a bit beyond and part of the juniper in front.

All I want to know is does the swaro from a steady rest always range the elk? At that distance accurate ranging or the ability to use body english is critical.

Not to be a pain, just trying to figure things out. Thanks.
Object-4-post.jpg

Swaro Range finder

If anyone else is interested I have one available also for the same deal. 850.00 shipped to your door...It has been used One time in GA. I live in Florida and it is more than I will ever need..

Roy,

I've never had a problem getting repeatable readings with mine, I would wager that I would be able to get a repeatable reading on the Juniper, the elk and a shadow in the background. With 3 repeatable readings that made sense I'd be very comfortable shooting the elk (even though he's not even a 400 bull ;-))

I've really only used mine out in long range country for a total of 12 days but the only ranging problem I have had was in flat terrain in bright sunshine with no real target. We tried to range a dark spot on the desert about 1300yds and couldn't get a reading. I was able to range some cows repeatedly in the same conditions at more than 2000 (they were big Angus, easy targets out in a big hay field).

Thats not to say that you don't sometimes get a --- for a range, but its normally when I'm not holding it steady and its reading 3-4 different things at once because of my wobble. I've never had to use a tripod with mine and have ranged and taken shots up to 1500yds with it.

HTH,

AJ

It really helps all rangefinders to have a perpindicular surface to range, any slope, especially away from you, causes problems.

I am amazed at how well the rangefinders do for what we pay for them. My Bushnell ranges stuff that is a lot further away than it is rated for. I've ranged items that were nearly twice the predicted useable range.

I have always had it work inside its useable range, even on wet animals.

Mine is one of the lower cost models, (I think I paid $399 4 years ago) and yet it still works great.

I WANT a good one, just haven't become a good enough shooter to justify it yet!

Bill