Free CPS to worthy home.

If he couldn't figure this out, he doesn't need to be hand loading ammo. I'm not being sarcastic at all. Really, he's going to encounter way more complex issues than not being aware that the handle needed to be threaded all the way in along with the fact that he could not correct the issue for himself. Again, no sarcasm in that. Just my honest opinion.
I can give men a lot of latitude when it comes to making silly mistakes. We've all been there. I can even extend that understanding to not having the skill or tools to just take a file to those rolled threads on the handle real quick. After all, we all have different backgrounds and I don't expect our customers to be talented in the same areas as I am.

However, where I draw the line is when someone refuses to be honest about what has taken place... and abuses my generosity to gain financial benefit for himself. Then to be confrontational on the phone with both my staff and myself, as if we had done something wrong. I felt terrible for sending a CPS out with a faulty component. It cost quite a lot of money to overnight one of these things, as they are quite heavy. My staff was beating themselves up because they were upset that they didn't catch a faulty one before it went out. Then to have it show up and be so obviously the fault of the operator... that's a bitter pill. Yes indeed. I hold myself and others to a very high standard, and there's no part of any of this that was acceptable. He may have felt like he got one over on me, but the only thing he did was make himself lesser. He'll have a price to pay for that, sure as I'm sitting here.

I agree with several of your sentiments here, in that the person in question likely has a great many problems in his life. Yet I'm never one to dwell on the negative. That unsavory behavior of that specific customer allowed me the opportunity to have a used CPS to do something with... which is the reason for this thread. What ever feelings of contempt I felt toward the treatment we received at the hands of that person, were immediately replaced by the wonderful joy regarding the nature of responses in this thread. What an opportunity.

It is for that reason, you all have my sincere thanks.

I can give men a lot of latitude when it comes to making silly mistakes. We've all been there. I can even extend that understanding to not having the skill or tools to just take a file to those rolled threads on the handle real quick. After all, we all have different backgrounds and I don't expect our customers to be talented in the same areas as I am.

However, where I draw the line is when someone refuses to be honest about what has taken place... and abuses my generosity to gain financial benefit for himself. Then to be confrontational on the phone with both my staff and myself, as if we had done something wrong. I felt terrible for sending a CPS out with a faulty component. It cost quite a lot of money to overnight one of these things, as they are quite heavy. My staff was beating themselves up because they were upset that they didn't catch a faulty one before it went out. Then to have it show up and be so obviously the fault of the operator... that's a bitter pill. Yes indeed. I hold myself and others to a very high standard, and there's no part of any of this that was acceptable. He may have felt like he got one over on me, but the only thing he did was make himself lesser. He'll have a price to pay for that, sure as I'm sitting here.

I agree with several of your sentiments here, in that the person in question likely has a great many problems in his life. Yet I'm never one to dwell on the negative. That unsavory behavior of that specific customer allowed me the opportunity to have a used CPS to do something with... which is the reason for this thread. What ever feelings of contempt I felt toward the treatment we received at the hands of that person, were immediately replaced by the wonderful joy regarding the nature of responses in this thread. What an opportunity.

It is for that reason, you all have my sincere thanks.
Talk about "lemons to lemonade", WOW! @orkan that is truly an inspirational mindset. There have been a few times in my life that I have been able to turn a trial into true gratitude for a growing opportunity. Even then I wonder if I really got it deep down. Thank your for the aha moment/reminder with this.

We had a customer call with a problem with their CPS. Apparently the handle "broke off." The customer had the attitude that there was something wrong with our design or we delivered a faulty unit. The nature of the problem didn't make any sense to me, but whatever. So we overnighted them a new CPS and a label to return the old one to us. We get the old CPS back... and this is what we find.

ducI3u7h.jpg

bTAqCvvh.jpg

It's pretty obvious the guy didn't have the handle screwed in but a thread or two. Not sure how this is our fault, but ok. I guess some folks just don't want to take responsibility for anything. Suffice it to say, it's tough not to get bitter when customers treat you this way. The right thing to do when you screw up like this, is to be honest and pay for replacement parts. That shouldn't need to be explained to anyone.

Anyway, our loss is your gain. I'm giving this CPS away to a new home that deserves it. We fixed up the threads on the handle, and the previous customer also put some light scratches on the shuttles and the main body... but its superficial. This priming press works 100%. If you know someone that is in need of a new priming tool or if you yourself are in need, make your case! I'll be selecting my favorite of the submissions in this fundsthread, and you'll receive this mistreated but fully functional CPS to

We had a customer call with a problem with their CPS. Apparently the handle "broke off." The customer had the attitude that there was something wrong with our design or we delivered a faulty unit. The nature of the problem didn't make any sense to me, but whatever. So we overnighted them a new CPS and a label to return the old one to us. We get the old CPS back... and this is what we find.

ducI3u7h.jpg

bTAqCvvh.jpg

It's pretty obvious the guy didn't have the handle screwed in but a thread or two. Not sure how this is our fault, but ok. I guess some folks just don't want to take responsibility for anything. Suffice it to say, it's tough not to get bitter when customers treat you this way. The right thing to do when you screw up like this, is to be honest and pay for replacement parts. That shouldn't need to be explained to anyone.

Anyway, our loss is your gain. I'm giving this CPS away to a new home that deserves it. We fixed up the threads on the handle, and the previous customer also put some light scratches on the shuttles and the main body... but its superficial. This priming press works 100%. If you know someone that is in need of a new priming tool or if you yourself are in need, make your case! I'll be selecting my favorite of the submissions in this thread, and you'll receive this mistreated but fully functional CPS totally free of charge!
Hope someone with low funds or handicapped gets it.

Orkan,
As a fellow business owner I understand silly and ignorant customers. been there, done that on many occasions.
I am in no way trying for the CPS. I just wanted to say I used to shoot 1K and Mile target shooting earlier in life and would have loved to own one of these. I still make my hunting and range ammo up to the 1K and mile standards I used to shoot. I hope one of us here will appreciate that piece of equipment.
Talk to you later. I need to check on the stock repairs I started this morning.

I am the one who deserves it....BECAUSE I am a lifetime democrat that anything I want, I am entitled to and don't have to work for! If I don't get this one for free, everyone else needs to pitch in and buy me one!

Just kidding.........……........
Now I'll go wash my thumbs with acetone!

Heck I've seen enough, will you sell me one?
I don't really deserve a free one
Trying to prime with a hand press is too time consuming
I promise to take personal responsibility

I don't need it, though I would love it, however my little girl would love to have it for when she helps daddy reload!!

signal-2021-04-22-211344.jpg

It started before she could crawl, I would put her in her little rocker and take her into my reloading room and try to keep her asleep, rocking her with my foot while sizing, priming, dumping powder, seating bullets and so on. Sometimes she would wake up and I wouldn't know it, just look down to check on her, and her eyes would be wide open, just watching what I was doing. I didn't know what I was starting at the time ha ha.

As she is getting older, now she has her own chair alongside mine at the bench, though she rarely sits in it, most of her time is in my lap. It makes everything take about twice as long, but it's time well spent with my little girl. Almost nothing holds her attention very long, but she will at times sit with me at my bench for well over an hour, just watching and helping a little. Her favorite is helping me seat bullets, as the picture shows. As she pushes the ram to the bottom, she gives out a pretend little grunt, to tell me she is working hard ha ha.

I do have to be careful though, specifically with my powder thrower. About a month ago she dumped about 91 grains of Retumbo on the floor....first time she ever saw daddy cry!

Anyway, she is my little helper. If she sees me walk back there, she follows. As far as the CPS, while it would be nice, I'm probably not the guy that should get it, I just like taking the opportunity to share stories about my Littles. I have another beautiful 6 y/o girl who is quite the fisherwoman, and an 8 y/o boy who got his hunters saftey in January and has been wreaking havoc on the cotton tails behind my parents place. He is a hard worker too, hiked in 2.5 miles and helped me pack out my elk last year. He only carried some extra food, but still! I am truly a blessed man to have these kids, and I am loving every moment of teaching them about the outdoor life.

Last edited:
I salute you sir. I think that it is an excellent thing that you are doing. I hope that whoever gets it will truly appreciate it. I hope that all members will remember this when thinking of purchasing a priming tool.

ducI3u7h.jpg

bTAqCvvh.jpg

Anyway, our loss is your gain. I'm giving this CPS away to a new home that deserves it. We fixed up the threads on the handle, and the previous customer also put some light scratches on the shuttles and the main body... but its superficial. This priming press works 100%. If you know someone that is in need of a new priming tool or if you yourself are in need, make your case! I'll be selecting my favorite of the submissions in this thread, and you'll receive this mistreated but fully functional CPS totally free of charge! Dear Sir. Is this item still available? Thank you Terry Miller

Ok fellas, time has come to choose. I want you guys to read through this thread, and "like" the post you want to receive the CPS. Tell your friends to come and do the same.

The post with the most likes by the close of business tomorrow, (tuesday) gets it.

Sounds like a good piece of equipment. A friend and I are getting back into a little more reloading. He's a 40 year gunsmith, simi-retired. Blinded in one eye from heart surgery limits things he can do. Thanks for the opportunity.

Hopefully it goes to one of the disabled guys or someone who really needs it. I think it would be a shame to just raffle it off after it was a gift

Hopefully it goes to one of the disabled guys or someone who really needs it. I think it would be a shame to just raffle it off after it was a gift

If you are referring to my post as to possibly get it donated to the TX JRs High Power Team, I respectfully disagree as being a shame. I have solicited donations for kids, sometimes to raise more money from them through raffles or auction, or sometimes for their use. I see no shame in supporting a worthy cause - the kids and the future of our shooting legacy. In the end if there is but one kid in our program who will carry the torch to the next generation, it is all worth it.