Franklin nails a coyote at 1056

LRSickle

This is a picture of Franklin and his 1056 yard coyote. He's a machinist and runs a machine shop in Logan, Utah. He was hunting bears north of his Franklin, Idaho home and while glassing, spotted this coyote. He and Forrest ranged it at 1056 yards. He's a very acomplished long range shooter and well.... ya can't pass that shot up! One shot and he rolled him. Well done, very well done!
He shoots a .338 Ultra Mag, 100gr H1000, 225gr Accubonds at 3200fps.
Yotee200041.jpg

Nice shooting! Which shop does he run?

He runs the Icon Health and Fitness machine shop. He has several multi-axis CNCs, a couple lathes, a plunger(?), some mills and a EDM. I had the key to his shop so I use to sneak in his shop during the night shift and use his lathe, welder, mill, sandblaster and powder coat for home projects. He was OK as long as I didn't crash his stuff.

He's just down 10th from your shop Browninglover1.

Nice going Shane.

How is your bait doing? We've got 8 bears off of ours so far.

Our baits were getting hit, but everything that was coming in still had milk on there chin. The area we were hunting is not known for a ton of bears, but it's close to home. The night I shot this dog, they were everywhere. I shot 4 others at 349, 396,547 and 803. Can't beat that for fun.:D

We found kids to shoot the ones with milk on their chins :D. If you can't shoot wolves one of the next best things for helping fawns and calves is to shoot bears. F&G did a study in the 70's up in Salmon where they removed all the bears they could. The elk numbers tripled within a few years. As the bear numbers came back the elk population dropped until it was back to normal. I just saw two of the smallest fawns I have ever seen on Monday so they are hitting the ground and you can bet the bears will be trying to catch them along with any other predator.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts