Found my new Coyote smacker for long shots

Unofficial Gun Addict (UGA)

Heya guys... earlier this year, I bought (2) Ruger Precision Rifles... .308 & 6.5cm. After spending a little time with both... even though I really liked the features and accuracy... I decided to sell both. The reason... I hunt a lot, and these guns felt like carrying a bag of bricks out to my stands. The added weight really could be felt especially when dragging a mutt back out, as sometimes, I hike half a mile to a mile in to setup.

So... even though I really thought the RPR was a special rifle... I didn't see how it fit with my needs.

Recently, a gentleman that I met online asked me about trading a Ruger American Predator 6.5CM for a Glock I had. I bit the bullet.... and am happy that I did. My son and I got out this weekend and were pleasantly surprised by it's performance. Though I really need to get some smaller rings for the scope to bring it down to a comfortable level, it shot quite well using Horandy ELD 140s out to 500. It was so easy to shoot well... that my son and I have decided that the next time we go... we're going to push it out to 1k.

Very impressed with such a light, easy to carry/manage rifle. Tremendous value for the performance...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4g-jSDBTw4A

Sorry about post phone messing up. I find the stock biy thin around the grip. Again nice shooting

Heya Clemens.... I agree... The stock is thin... But I love it. It's such a light easy to carry rifle. Great for long hikes into coyote stands, or when I'm hunting in the mountains. I honestly think it's close to perfect for a field carry carry rifle.

Nice Shooting.
maybe get some Regular medium scope rings instead of the Nikon Ar-15 rings.
That would put the scope at the right height.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.