FNG Okie

Shooter00

Hello, I've been dropping in from time to time to soak up some of the vast knowledge here on the forum, so I thought I'd jump in.

I wore the crossed rifles and blue cord in the Army a while back, spent some time as a fireman, I dabble a bit on the LEO side as a reserve deputy at the SO, and have a successful business here in the great OK. I did a lot of growing up in Colorado, and love to return every year to bring home the elk meat.

I'm a 2A advocate and love to shoot and hunt, have a decent collection of things that go boom, and I've been reloading since 2000.

Looking forward to swapping stories,

Gross, 11B, I am afraid you are not welcomed to this forum....

On another note you have interesting long range rifles? What's your primary focus, hunting, shooting comps, recreation? Just ask around for any help you need the guys on here are awesome and are always willing to help.

I was an 11C mortarman, although I did my share of walking. I'm a hunter, former competitor (silhouettes and clays). I have buddies in various lines of work that share in their fun, so if the SHTF, I'm in good company! But it helps to have a place to go for the non-issued equipment or reloading question...

...My current LR project is an FN TSR XP in .300 WSM, looking through SWFA SS 10x42. They released the new SWFA variable 3-15 (?? +/-) a few weeks after I bought the 10x, so I'm already due for an upgrade. This will be my primary elk rifle, and part time far-away-bad-guy-buster.

I've worked up load running 180 gr TTSX, using IMR4831 and CCI 250s on new brass. It's at .44" @ 100 right now, going to chrony this weekend and see what they clock. None of the factory ammo groups worth a flip, too much jump. I pulled factory Vor-TX ammo and stretched the COAL with good results.

We'll see what happens, welcome or not!

My brother was an 11B but commissioned and is now a 12A. I am a 12A as well. I have a FA buddy who was a PL for a motor platoon. I thought that was pretty cool/interesting career path. I have never really heard much about FN bolt actions before. I know they are on the model 70 platform. That's amazing that its shooting that well already. I am sure a lot of it is on your load development as well. Good shootin'! gun)

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.