Flairboater

flairboater

Hi All I am New to this forum, Have read it a lot looking for info, not wanting to ask old questions I looked for the answers but there were not here so I will ask now. First I am from central east coast Florida and am a Sako lover, Hunter 75 300 RUM, Finnlite 7MM and Gray Wolf 270 WSM . I would love to reload and shoot long range. When I follow the advice for reloading these calibers the seating depth really throws me off. the sako rifles have a different free bore to throat than most rifles, the 'standard' throat has a 3 degree ramp to the lands and the Sako has a 13 degree ramp to the lands, this has been likened to a forcing cone on a pistol, With this longer "ramp" some of the force of the powder escapes out around the bullet before the bullet gats to the lands resulting in a slower muzzle velocity. It has been suggested that I try a slower burning powder to allow for more powder burn to occur while the bullet is in contact with the lands.
Does this make sense and if so does anybody have some suggestions for loads, this is for all three calibers. I am using the Nosler .277 150 grain ABLR and the Nosler .308 210 grain ABLR. I have not chosen a bullet for the 7 MM as yet.
Thanks for any and all replies.
Bill
flairboater

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.