First Varmint

Centre Punch

Hi guys,
Here's a couple of pics of my first varmint shot with my Cooper 6mmBR, not long range but hey! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
122Rabbits_002-med.JPG

122Rabbits_003-med.JPG

Ian.

Musta been settin' facing you and you were shooting a bit up hill. Or it was facing away and it was a 3yd shot. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Either way, nice shot.

That one otta go in the pie /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

In some places rabbits are varmint. When they are at the top of their cycle and the preditors can't keep up they become varmint. When I was about 15 we had an explosion in the rabbit population and when out hunting you could shoot one every 5 min. hour after hour.

Guys,
We dont have Chucks, P/dogs etc, in Britain so rabbits are our varmints. Certain parts hold huge ammounts of rabbits and great sport can be had although long range is not usually an option.

Ian.

[ QUOTE ]
Guys,
We dont have Chucks, P/dogs etc, in Britain so rabbits are our varmints. Certain parts hold huge ammounts of rabbits and great sport can be had although long range is not usually an option.

Ian.

[/ QUOTE ]

looks a nice bit of kit
have you got more pics of her
you can have a real good time on old thumper & good for the pot.

you need to push her a bit and get some crow, rook, or magpie on the deck. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
thans
colin

Rabbit?

All I see is a very nice Piece of hardware ... A Cooper topped off with what looks like to be a 6.5-20 Lupi - I know you guys have to pay with a pound of flesh to get this stuff over there.

Congrats!

TAC

Well done Ian my friend,nicely done.
Has anyone ever mentioned that you look like General "Storming" Norman Schwarzkopf`s love child? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

NICK

Your bullet choice is all wrong /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif You might try loading up some 55 grain 6mm for sub 300 meter shooting at Varmints

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.