First Varmint

Discussion in 'Long Range Hunting & Shooting' started by Centre Punch, Jun 26, 2006.

1. Centre Punch

Centre Punch Well-Known Member

Hi guys,
    Here's a couple of pics of my first varmint shot with my Cooper 6mmBR, not long range but hey! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Ian.

2. Buffalobob

Buffalobob Writers Guild

Geez

That's not a varmint, that's a rabbit. They are good to eat. At least you got the bullet placement right. Nice shot

3. royinidaho

royinidaho Writers Guild

Musta been settin' facing you and you were shooting a bit up hill. Or it was facing away and it was a 3yd shot. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Either way, nice shot.

That one otta go in the pie /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

4. Guest

Guest Guest

In some places rabbits are varmint. When they are at the top of their cycle and the preditors can't keep up they become varmint. When I was about 15 we had an explosion in the rabbit population and when out hunting you could shoot one every 5 min. hour after hour.

5. Centre Punch

Guys,
    We dont have Chucks, P/dogs etc, in Britain so rabbits are our varmints. Certain parts hold huge ammounts of rabbits and great sport can be had although long range is not usually an option.

Ian.

6. col48

col48 Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Guys,
    We dont have Chucks, P/dogs etc, in Britain so rabbits are our varmints. Certain parts hold huge ammounts of rabbits and great sport can be had although long range is not usually an option.

Ian.

[/ QUOTE ]

looks a nice bit of kit
    have you got more pics of her
    you can have a real good time on old thumper & good for the pot.

you need to push her a bit and get some crow, rook, or magpie on the deck. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
    thans
    colin

7. Ballistic64

Ballistic64 Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Geez

That's not a varmint, that's a rabbit.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yosimete Sam says otherwise /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
    Nice shot CP

8. tylercleary

tylercleary Well-Known Member

Rabbit?

All I see is a very nice Piece of hardware ... A Cooper topped off with what looks like to be a 6.5-20 Lupi - I know you guys have to pay with a pound of flesh to get this stuff over there.

Congrats!

TAC

9. nickbracewell

nickbracewell Active Member

Well done Ian my friend,nicely done.
    Has anyone ever mentioned that you look like General "Storming" Norman Schwarzkopf`s love child? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

NICK

10. budlight

budlight Well-Known Member

Your bullet choice is all wrong /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif You might try loading up some 55 grain 6mm for sub 300 meter shooting at Varmints

11. Centre Punch

Thanks for the comments guys.

budlight, the use of 55grn bullets has allready been addressed my friend. (V-Max and B-Tips for my next session)

Ian.