First time ML owner!

chemforever

I was hoping that this would be a place to go to ask some basics. As my title suggests, I am a first time owner of a ML and wanted to know what type and brands of material (or kits) I should be using to get my Ml up and running. Even if you could refer me to some sort of basic guide or list of things I will need, that would be great. I am just starting out and am ready for suggestions.

Hi,
The beautiful thing about mz's is the fact there is a myriad of options for one gun as to the loads and load develpement.
In that dept they are much like a rifle as to what bullet, powder and primers they prefer.
With that in mind the best thing to do is get a load book specifically for mz's and follow those directions.
You are gonna need to decide what powder you wanna use....black, pyro or some of the others......just not smokeless unless that particular mz is made for it.
(I think the only factory I can think of at this moment is Savage 10 ML)
Also bullets what do you wanna shoot? conicals? Round balls? Sabots? there are a ton of em out there.
Primers to me is the least I would worry about, bullets being first, powder second.
Hope this helps.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.