First kill with my new 7mm weatherby magnum

caveman4867

IMG_0729.JPG

Heck of a deal!

I used to hunt competitively with a guy that used a 300rum. His two reasons were simple. 1. They don't run off. 2. I have the gun might as well use it hahaha

I had a friend way back in the day that had a 7mm mag. He did something stupid and I would never recommend trying it but I gotta tell ya how nasty fast that round is. He shot the flat side of a iron train rail with a pointed soft point bullet. It punched a clean 7mm hole through 1/2" plus of that rail as if you drilled a hole in it with a 1/4" cobalt drill bit..........nasty. Please don't start reading me the riot act on how stupid he was. It was 40 years ago and we were young and stupid..........but it was still amazing.
Enjoy your new rifle!

I had a friend way back in the day that had a 7mm mag. He did something stupid and I would never recommend trying it but I gotta tell ya how nasty fast that round is. He shot the flat side of a iron train rail with a pointed soft point bullet. It punched a clean 7mm hole through 1/2" plus of that rail as if you drilled a hole in it with a 1/4" cobalt drill bit..........nasty. Please don't start reading me the riot act on how stupid he was. It was 40 years ago and we were young and stupid..........but it was still amazing.
Enjoy your new rifle!

I seen a 25-06 blow a hole in a 90 pound rail.

come on give us some deets or story to come with the hunt, The 7mm is a death ray what was bullet choice and performance congratulations on the kill nice rifle.

Me thinks based on the hiviz orange...Caveveman was hunting bigger fur when WileyE Coyota' happened to be standing in a field contemplating where his next meal was gonna come from. Unfortunately, for WileyE, he ended up eating a 7 mag bullet instead of a wabbit.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.