First hand experience with 7mm SAW

DENRIK89

I've been wanting to build a 22" 7 saum for a long time but in today's world brass is a pain to find. I ran across the 7mm SAW by west Texas ordnance and thought that might get me close to what I'm wanting while still using easy to find .308 brass and varget or h4350. Does anyone have any real world experience with this?

Last edited:
I run one with a 20" barrel, suppressed. Built on a Borden action with a Krieger barrel, I'm right at 1/2" +/- for 3 shots at 100 yards. With a 150 gr ELD-X, my muzzle velocity is 2848 ft/s. I'm a full grain below my max (hot) load, and I'm really pleased with the results. I've taken numerous white-tailed deer and an aoudad with it, and none have required a second shot.

Here's another thread in this forum regarding the 7 SAW: 7 mm SAW

I run one with a 20" barrel, suppressed. Built on a Borden action with a Krieger barrel, I'm right at 1/2" +/- for 3 shots at 100 yards. With a 150 gr ELD-X, my muzzle velocity is 2848 ft/s. I'm a full grain below my max (hot) load, and I'm really pleased with the results. I've taken numerous white-tailed deer and an aoudad with it, and none have required a second shot.

Here's another thread in this forum regarding the 7 SAW: 7 mm SAW
That's awesome man! Exactly what I wanted to hear. Looks like you were the only one to contribute anything worth reading on that thread

Just keep in mind that I'm using small rifle primer Lapua brass. If you neck down large rifle primer 308 brass or another brand, you may not be able to reach similar muzzle velocities. The Lapua brass with SRP allows for a bit higher pressures and allows me to achieve the MV I noted without pressure signs.