First Blood

liltank

Well, finally got my first kill on my new to me rifle. Its a Sav. LRPV 22-250 using 53grn V-max with an avg of 3772fps. The kill was at 276yds. I was a little disappointed in the lack of carnage. The bullet I believe traveled through the body cavity from the back and exploded inside. It was definitely dead, but we could not find a exit hole or an entrance. Oh well... dead is dead, and a first kill for me this year on groundhogs.

Success on day two. 417yds

Attachments

• IMAG0100.jpg
    IMAG0100.jpg
    141 KB · Views: 94
Congrats on the first kill. I'm going to have to find a new honey hole myself. The farmer sprayed it off already and I imagine he's going to be putting corn in this year :( . Hey good luck this year.

I push the 53grain v-max's at 3400 fps and have found that shots in the head and chest cavity rarely exit or have much carnage. As soon as you get into the soft belly there is pretty graphic disemboweling. If its carnage you want load a 308 win with 125 grain TNT's. Thats what I'm using this year.

Nice! Good shootin!

I shoot 50gr Sierra Blitzkings in my 22-250 with good result.

Attachments

• Mussey-20130315-00451.jpg
    Mussey-20130315-00451.jpg
    292 KB · Views: 87
Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.