First Attempt at stock bedding gone right.

Discussion in 'Gunsmithing' started by txsendero, Nov 6, 2009.

  1. txsendero

    txsendero Well-Known Member

    Messages:
    383
    Joined:
    Nov 29, 2007
    After a couple of evenings or masking off the stock, and applying release agent, finally mustered the courage to lay in the DevCon, and all went pretty well. I got a couple of small air bubbles, but none that will make any effective difference. I would only do a couple of things different next time, like applying release agent to the inside of the mag well to save some clean up time, but all in all, happy with the first attempt. I wasn't as difficult as I thought it would be.

    http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq111/txsendero/243 Win/1105090733.jpg

    http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq111/txsendero/243 Win/243win.jpg
     
  2. eddybo

    eddybo Well-Known Member

    Messages:
    1,651
    Joined:
    Jan 5, 2007
    That looks much better than my first attempt.
     

  3. NesikaChad

    NesikaChad Well-Known Member

    Messages:
    753
    Joined:
    Jan 28, 2007
    Good job!
     
  4. Joel Russo

    Joel Russo Official LRH Sponsor

    Messages:
    2,779
    Joined:
    Jul 5, 2006
    Look great for your first attempt.
     
  5. txsendero

    txsendero Well-Known Member

    Messages:
    383
    Joined:
    Nov 29, 2007
    Thanks for the replies, guys. I used the method (can't find the link now) where I wrapped tape around the barrel near the action and at the end of the stock forearm to support the action at the right height.