Fired up the smoker at 0330

If it's a half of a packer brisket, you are gonna need to turn it up, just my opinion, to break down fat I know you like yours rare, but, brisket is done at 200-205.
I like to foil mine at 195 and move to the cooler end or throw it in an empty foam ice chest (just for smoked meat) to let it finish rendering. It will go to 200 plus then start going down and I slice at 180-185 or so to hold in the moisture. Just sayin.

This works, too ...
1710721721727.jpeg

Get yourself a couple of Meaters and get rid of the wires. They give you time and temperature on your phone.😊💥
Not all smokers are created equal. Mine came with wired probes but I can check my temp via my phone because it is Bluetooth capable. I just don't like using mine. I have wireless temp probes but with low and slow it is easy to monitor. I also like physically checking mine. Per my PM with Erik, he has this thing mastered and have shared his hack.😇

Get yourself a couple of Meaters and get rid of the wires. They give you time and temperature on your phone.😊💥

Not all smokers are created equal. Mine came with wired probes but I can check my temp via my phone because it is Bluetooth capable. I just don't like using mine. I have wireless temp probes but with low and slow it is easy to monitor. I also like physically checking mine. Per my PM with Erik, he has this thing mastered and have shared his hack.😇
That takes away from ammo purchases!

Mine is Bluetooth/wireless too. I can change temps and monitor from anywhere.

Recent Posts