Fire forming 17 Hornet brass

DLFant

Hello

Does anyone have any experience making 17 Hornet from 22 hornet?

A friend made a bunch years ago for the 17 AI by necking the 22 down and then fireforming. I was lookig for any one who has done for the new 17 Hornet . I got a rifle today but cant find any ammo.
Also does anyone have any of either brass or any 30 Gr 17 Cal. bullets they wanna part with?

its a simple cut and dry process. use a little extra lube and run it through a sizing die . must people i've talked to use the cream of wheat method but i just loaded them up and took them to a prairie dog town and they really shot quite well.

not sure if you bought reloading supplies yet but i had great luck with 20gr midway dogtown bullets and H110. lil gun did almost as well.

its way of fire forming brass . you take a fast powder (pistol powder) put a small charge in the case then fill the rest with cream of wheat and plug the top with a toilet paper plug and fire . then boom fire formed brass without wasting a bullet. in my 17 ackly my fire forming loads shot plenty good enough so i didn't see the need of wasting the powder.

if you don't like plugging the barrel with TP, try using candle wax. Just push the candle down on the top of the round enough to leave a 1/8" plug.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.