Finally Got A Flatside Contender Frame (20VT) + Contender (20TAC)

tred1956

Finally acquired a flatside Frame. It is a Matte TCA 1999 Limited Edition (Not sure but was told only 38 were made). If you are sure how many were made Please let me know. Barrel is OTT 16 inch step barrel in 20 VT. Forend by Tony G and grip by Dave D from a Black Walnut tree cut by my Dad (he cut it when I was 12 & I am now 64). Wears a BullBerry mount with Burris Signature Rings. Leupold fine crosshair VX-III 8.5-25x50mm. At almost 10 pounds it just sits rock solid in my Fuzz rest and makes me look like a Marksman LOL
Safe shooting
Doug

15 Shot group 90 yards

20 VarTarg about 3400 but not my fastest Contender in 20 Caliber. Contender pictured below is 20 Tactical and RUNS 4100 to 4200 out of a 22 inch full bull OTT. It Also Wears a BullBerry mount with Burris Signature Rings. Leupold fine crosshair VX-III 8.5-25x50mm. Has a Georgia Jim Target forend and ambi grip. At almost 8 pounds it ALSO just sits rock solid in my Fuzz rest and makes me look like a Marksman LOL First picture is of 20 TAC & 20 VT for comparison
Safe shooting
Doug

Please Read The Tree Story

I just decided to share this today but here is another Wonderful Fact about the Walnut Tree cut 62 years ago. My oldest Grandson Hunter (Also a Contender Shooter) has a DOUBLE Connection to this tree. He also got a set of grips from the Tree. PaPa Smitty is My Dad and Hunters Paternal Great Grandad. PaPa Jerry is Hunters Maternal Grandad. Now comes the DOUBLE Connection. PaPa Smitty & PaPa Jerry were very good friends in High School and YES they were both present when the Tree was cut and hauled to the sawmill. What are the ODDS???? So in addition to grip sets Hunter also has a Black Walnut Table (made by PaPa Jerry) that is His also.

I am sure 62 years ago when the Black Walnut tree Fell PaPa Smitty & PaPa Jerry never dreamed it would bring sooo many Smiles and Tears of joy to Their Kids, Grandkids & Great Grandkids decades Later
We Miss Them BOTH soo much!!! But we Smile knowing when we shoot They are with us

Safe Shooting and Always Remember what is truly important
Doug

Please Read The Tree Story

I just decided to share this today but here is another Wonderful Fact about the Walnut Tree cut 62 years ago. My oldest Grandson Hunter (Also a Contender Shooter) has a DOUBLE Connection to this tree. He also got a set of grips from the Tree. PaPa Smitty is My Dad and Hunters Paternal Great Grandad. PaPa Jerry is Hunters Maternal Grandad. Now comes the DOUBLE Connection. PaPa Smitty & PaPa Jerry were very good friends in High School and YES they were both present when the Tree was cut and hauled to the sawmill. What are the ODDS???? So in addition to grip sets Hunter also has a Black Walnut Table (made by PaPa Jerry) that is His also.

I am sure 62 years ago when the Black Walnut tree Fell PaPa Smitty & PaPa Jerry never dreamed it would bring sooo many Smiles and Tears of joy to Their Kids, Grandkids & Great Grandkids decades Later
We Miss Them BOTH soo much!!! But we Smile knowing when we shoot They are with us

Safe Shooting and Always Remember what is truly important
Doug
Great story Sir!!!
I read many years ago a statement that I've never forgotten " To move forward we must not forget our past" I'm afraid a lot of people have forgotten their past…
Thanks for sharing
Keith

Recent Posts