Finally Found My Place

gunner45

Been lurking for a while and really like this place. Good info and people. Looking forward to a long stay. Please forgive my rather basic questions ahead of time:).

Welcome to Long Range Hunting. Glad you like what you see and read here.:)

Looking forward to a long stay
I hope it's a long and enjoyable stay. Join right in and tell us your stories about hunting in Texas.;)

No problem with questions of any kind. Just ask away. Nobody knows it all but somebody will have an answer for you.

What rifles do you shoot?[/quote]

Too many to list. In my old age I have developed a hatred of recoil. I have a 300 Wby, 300 RUM, Warbird, 300 Win but lately I have been shooting a 280 AI and my new pet a 6.5 WSM. Jeeze I love this thing.
I have just ordered a 270 AM from Kirby. I think this will the the ultimate.
I don't target shoot much. Just hunt. I hunt on a ranch in south Texas that is just culling. No trophys allowed. But you get to shoot a lot. So far this season, 280 hogs, and 110 deer. About 6 of us hunting. All the meat is given to needy families.
Good chance to evaluate bullets and loads on game.
Game is getting spookier. So longer range equipment is needed:D

I have just ordered a 270 AM from Kirby. I think this will the the ultimate.
You have got that right. You will love the 270 AM.;)

Game is getting spookier. So longer range equipment is needed:D
Sounds to me like you have ordered just what the "doctor" ordered for long range work.:)

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.