Figured I'd post some pics while they're still shiny.

engineer40

The stands fold down to about the size of a 4ft piece of 2x4. (With carry handles!)

IMG_20150726_130913_151.jpg

Detached center bulls eyes.

IMG_20150726_131133_782.jpg

Angled down to deflect fragments towards the ground.

IMG_20150726_132848_156.jpg

As long as none of my friends or family shoot my new stands with a direct hit, I believe they will hold up fine. (Don't you hate it when manufacturers use stickers on their products that won't come fully off?)

IMG_20150726_132750_400.jpg

No tools needed. The chains connect via lag bolts and wing nuts.

I was going to build some stands myself, but after seeing these folding leg adjustable saw horses, I had to give them a try!

Good idea, but as close together as the feet are I wonder if they will get knocked over easily when the plate is hit and goes swinging (especially with a heavy hitting round).

How about a video? Run a 30-06 into it about as close as you feel safe, that would have the energy a 300 gr Berger or Matchking out of a Lapua/Edge/RUM has at 6 or 7 hundred yards! :D:D:D

Very nice. I also hate stickers that won't come off. Best thing I've found to remove the sticky residue is Goo Gone. You can buy it from about any hardware store or probably Wal-Mart.

Good idea, but as close together as the feet are I wonder if they will get knocked over easily when the plate is hit and goes swinging (especially with a heavy hitting round).

How about a video? Run a 30-06 into it about as close as you feel safe, that would have the energy a 300 gr Berger or Matchking out of a Lapua/Edge/RUM has at 6 or 7 hundred yards! :D:D:D

I initially thought the same thing after I put them together. I pushed on the steel target harder than I've seen a bullet swing a piece of metal and they were secure.

These targets will spend most of their lives getting shot at with AR's and pistols. A couple times a year I set up a little 3 Gun course on some property I own and invite my friends out.

But I have no problem hitting them with my 30-06 or even some heavy 12 gauge slugs to see how the stands perform.

I can make a video for you guys if you really wanted to see. Crow season starts Aug 1 in Michigan and I planned on packing my GoPro anyways. :)

Great idea!

Where did you purchase the frame and cost?

$29 a piece at Lowe's, and I get my 10% Veteran's discount.

I wanted stands with legs that fold so I could throw them in the back of my Jeep easily. When I added up the materials I had in the cart to make my own they would have been over $20 a piece still. So I thought I'd give these metal saw horses a try.

These are also some of the nicest AR500 steel targets I've seen. Some of my other ones I feel like I need to put on leather gloves to handle them. The cuts/edges on these are much smoother. Also if you order from their website instead of Amazon I noticed it was cheaper and if you order over $100 it's free shipping. During my pricing research I also noticed that the gongs with the center bulls eyes that move actually came with the mounting hardware to angle the targets down and the mounting chains; which together saves about $10. And they included 2 free 3 inch steel targets with my order as a gift. The targets got to me in about 3 days.

I've never met the people over at ShootingTargets7 and have no affiliation with them at all. I'm just passing along a pleasant business transaction that I was happy with. I simply feel like they over delivered for the price you pay.

https://shootingtargets7.com/store/

:D

Thanks for posting that up Engineer40. I've got 2 of those fold up saw horses in the garage. Now all I need is a plate and chain. I was wondering how I could make a cheap frame that could survive large caliber bullet splatter.

I have no problem hitting them with my 30-06 or even some heavy 12 gauge slugs to see how the stands perform.

I can make a video for you guys if you really wanted to see.

A 12 gauge slug would be great. No need in going out of your way for a video, I'll just take you at your word.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts