Fierce Firearms

A customer gave me a .338 Lapua in their Edge model to see if I can get it to shoot. Shoots 3" groups at 100 yards with everything I put through it. He called them and asked what they shot for their .5" moa guarantee, and they told him Hornady Precision Hunter... that shoots about 2".
If I wasn't so busy building .250" moa rifles, at half the price of this thing, I would have sent it back already...
The rifle I built him shoots inside of itself at 100 yards, and easy .5" moa at 500 yards.
Overpriced, and overrated in my opinion!

Interesting feedback, thanks Joel. I'm waiting to hear back from them. I trust they'll do the right thing.

A customer gave me a .338 Lapua in their Edge model to see if I can get it to shoot. Shoots 3" groups at 100 yards with everything I put through it. He called them and asked what they shot for their .5" moa guarantee, and they told him Hornady Precision Hunter... that shoots about 2".
If I wasn't so busy building .250" moa rifles, at half the price of this thing, I would have sent it back already...
The rifle I built him shoots inside of itself at 100 yards, and easy .5" moa at 500 yards.
Overpriced, and overrated in my opinion!

I think every one who has been around knows your work but If you can build a <.5 moa rifle for half of $2700($1350) you will be the only person I send money to for rifles for the rest of my life. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and I definitely respect yours but I think that statement may be a stretch. I have seen quite a few results from them and none did not shoot as stated until this thread. I am not claiming there are not some out there with similar issues. I have a CT Edge and it is at the top of my list of favorite rifles and I have had plenty of customs. While it is not the most accurate rifle I have ever owned(it has zero problem staying under .5moa) it has many features a Remington clone does not have that I appreciate. The cost of a CT Edge is around $4200. I am completely serious. If you can build a 6lb rifle suited for long rang hunting that will shoot <.5 moa for half of that please let us know. I suspect your inbox will be full and the phone ringing off the hook. As stated above their customer service is not the greatest and I would not hold my breath on completion dates. I would own another if not in a hurry or I found what I wanted online.

I have seen quite a few results from them and none did not shoot as stated until this thread. I am not claiming there are not some out there with similar issues. I have a CT Edge and it is at the top of my list of favorite rifles and I have had plenty of customs. While it is not the most accurate rifle I have ever owned(it has zero problem staying under .5moa) it has many features a Remington clone does not have that I appreciate.....

Rfurman, thanks for the input, that was my impression in general after doing a lot of reading. I did not have a lot of time going into this, and thought the Fierce seemed like an excellent option & price point. I really like the gun in general, good stock, good action / features. Really hoping to get this sorted out asap.

Re-starting this thread.....

What the heck am I doing wrong? I just got a 28 Nosler Edge. I've now got over 200 rounds down the tube with 180 Hybrids & 175 EH using Retumbo, 8133, and 7977, and cannot get much better than 1 moa at 200 (.75moa is the best, with both bullets at about 0.070 jump; most groups 1-1.3 moa). I've run through the Berger seating refinement, then testing charge weights. I'm using Redding master hunter dies, with a .314 bushing. Necks are turn just slightly to clean up, with tension about 2.5 thou based on loaded case. Dies are set in a Redding T7 with a bit of cam-over, per Broz' videos on LRO, and using Redding Pro shell holders to give me just enough re-size on the FL die to allow clean bolt close. I am keeping the barrel religiously clean. I've checked the rifle, set the actions screws at 70in-lb, cleaned up a couple light-touching spots in the barrel channel. Shooting VX6 3-18 in bedded Talley mounts. Pretty much seems no matter what, I'm at ~1+ moa. And, fwiw, accuracy nodes seem very narrow, like 0.3 - 0.5 gr. I still have further testing to do with above powders & 175 EH & ABLR next week.

I've got a bighorn sheep hunt, and elk/deer coming up in 2 weeks in MT. To say I'm getting frustrated with a $2700 rifle would be an understatement.

Any input from our fellow shooters here would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Stan

You might switch scopes. I had a vx6 3-18 and that was the culprit one day for me. It had been a couple scopes in a row from them that failed and ill never own one again. How much cleaning are you doing? I only clean when my groups start to open up. 120 from the last time i cleaned it.

Your action screws should be 53lbs not 70lbs. what factory ammo did they shoot with the supplied target from the factory?

Yes, I did not see that. The action screws should be 52-53in/lbs. Most 28s I have seen are shooting the 160 factory ammo.

but what exact ammo was verified through that gun from the factory at .5moa, they supply a target with the info on it for every Egde series rifle.

but what exact ammo was verified through that gun from the factory at .5moa, they supply a target with the info on it for every Egde series rifle.
My fierce edge test target was shot using factory 160 accubonds. I couldn't build a handload to out shoot the factory stuff but I didn't try very hard either because it shot factory ammo so well

Your action screws should be 53lbs not 70lbs. what factory ammo did they shoot with the supplied target from the factory?

I was going to point out the exact same thing. That much torque will definitely affect your grouping. I would definitely back off the torque of the action screws and see how it shoots.

My .300RUM CT Edge was verified at factory with 165g Barnes TTSX BT. I built a load using a heavier pill and was able to get .5moa.

I was hoping he could just verify with the factory ammo and eliminate either his reloading process or fault with the rifle.

I think every one who has been around knows your work but If you can build a <.5 moa rifle for half of $2700($1350) you will be the only person I send money to for rifles for the rest of my life. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and I definitely respect yours but I think that statement may be a stretch. I have seen quite a few results from them and none did not shoot as stated until this thread. I am not claiming there are not some out there with similar issues. I have a CT Edge and it is at the top of my list of favorite rifles and I have had plenty of customs. While it is not the most accurate rifle I have ever owned(it has zero problem staying under .5moa) it has many features a Remington clone does not have that I appreciate. The cost of a CT Edge is around $4200. I am completely serious. If you can build a 6lb rifle suited for long rang hunting that will shoot <.5 moa for half of that please let us know. I suspect your inbox will be full and the phone ringing off the hook. As stated above their customer service is not the greatest and I would not hold my breath on completion dates. I would own another if not in a hurry or I found what I wanted online.

Based on the fact that I have not done a comprehensive sampling of accuracy in their rifles, I would agree that my statement was a bit of a stretch as you say... my opinion is based on the rifle that came to me, which is more of a random sampling. My customer paid mid $4k for this carbon Edge.
I evaluated the complete rifle, and I was not impressed with it, notwithstanding it's poor accuracy. My opinion still stands based on components.
We have been building extremely accurate rifles for much less than $4,500. I can build a .5 moa rifle for half of what he paid, and so can many other talented builders.

Thanks for the replies. I ran groups at both torque settings, no difference. Action is aluminum pillar bedded fwiw. The factory targets were with 175 ABLR, which I will be trying this weekend.

I plunked 1/2 down of the purchase price of a Fierce Fury long range, we are now 2 weeks passed the promised shipping date!! I wish I had read some of these posts before I did that!! I wish I would of only put down the required $500 deposit, might make them more eager to get the rifle finished, but hey they have me over a barrel with my hefty deposit!! I guess we will see???

If I called and ordered a rifle I would insist on a DATE and it would be in the contract
in binding terms! My wife is an attorney and says anything can be in a contract as long as it's legal! So rifle in my hands by XYZ or 100% refund. If they don't like it I'll go else where. They don't have a lock on anything!!

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.