Fierce 3 lug Carbon Edge 300 RUM & RL33/212 gr ELD-X bullets

That rifle and load has worked out great for Alex, he's taken moose, dall sheep, mt. goat, sitka blacktail deer & black bear with it thus far, along with several hundred rounds at 1000-1500 yard targets during practice/training for long range hunting in temps from sub zero winter to 80+ in the summer, I also use 100 gr of RL 33 in my factory 26" Rem700 but with 215 Bergers, velocity is similar + - a few fps and accuracy is spectacular

ive used the same or similar charges in my M70.

quickload needs to be tweaked when doing the RUMs or WBYs.

check out Hodgdon data for Retumbo. At first it seems weak with Retumbo and 200 AB. It shows 3075 or something silly. Then you'll note they use a 24" barrel. At 35-50 FPS for every inch and now you're back up in the mid to high 3100's without a lick of stress. 33 or 570 best Retumbo pretty easily.

That rifle and load has worked out great for Alex, he's taken moose, dall sheep, mt. goat, sitka blacktail deer & black bear with it thus far, along with several hundred rounds at 1000-1500 yard targets during practice/training for long range hunting in temps from sub zero winter to 80+ in the summer, I also use 100 gr of RL 33 in my factory 26" Rem700 but with 215 Bergers, velocity is similar + - a few fps and accuracy is spectacular
The 200gr Accubond has been excellent for myself over either H1000 or RL 33.

I just wish Alliant would publish more data. They really leave a lot to the imagination or other company's reloading books and sites.

Personally I like to keep all of my loads for the STW and Rum's around 3,000-3,200fps. Not that there's any special magic in that veolcity range it's just where I think the larger case magnums should be.

One of these days I'm going to have to download QL for myself I guess and maybe a tutorial on how to use it properly. 🤣

I never though I'd really enjoy shooting the Rum's but I have two Model 70 customs in 300Rum that have me completely hooked.

one thing to note is that the 200 gr Nosler Accubond has a thicker jacket, longer bearing surface and is bonded with a harder lead alloy vs the Hornady ELD-X and Berger Hybrid bullets, pressures will be reached quicker and 100 gr of RL 33 may be too hot of a load with the Accubond

one thing to note is that the 200 gr Nosler Accubond has a thicker jacket, longer bearing surface and is bonded with a harder lead alloy vs the Hornady ELD-X and Berger Hybrid bullets, pressures will be reached quicker and 100 gr of RL 33 may be too hot of a load with the Accubond
All completely correct.

ive used the same or similar charges in my M70.

quickload needs to be tweaked when doing the RUMs or WBYs.

check out Hodgdon data for Retumbo. At first it seems weak with Retumbo and 200 AB. It shows 3075 or something silly. Then you'll note they use a 24" barrel. At 35-50 FPS for every inch and now you're back up in the mid to high 3100's without a lick of stress. 33 or 570 best Retumbo pretty easily.
100% correct that some tweaking is in order with QL once you get into the 100 gr and larger capacity cartridges, once the proper info is plugged in, then the predictions for pressure = velocity are more in tune with reality