FFP worth extra cost?

Jon A... Thank you. :)

You definitely sound like a guy I could get along with quite well. ... and I don't play well with others usually.

jon A, is that a pst on your rifle or a razor. if its the pst can you post a pic with cross hairs on an inch target at 100 and on a crow or something way out there. and i guess it would be nice on different magnifications too.
im having the new scope debate and am looking at the falcon menece, pst, elite6500 and sightron s111. also havinf issues between ffp and sfp. i have the viper 6-24*50 in sfp and i like it. i just have no experience in ffp. buy i think it may be the way forward for me now.
thank you

Something I'm interested in is a list of manufacturers that have their reticle system calibrated for use/ranging on max power... Trijicon is the only one I know of, but I have not researched it yet. Has someone already compiled a list? No point doing twice the work.

Back on topic- I am trying to learn this also. I like the fact that the reticle stays in relation to the target's size at any given power in a FFP. This means an MOA is an MOA or a Mil is a Mil at any power and thus can be held for wind on any power, for your cartridge, which means practice.

This can be figured out for a SFP scope also, but would take heaps of drop charts and shooting in all given conditions at all different powers... right?:)

I'm horrible at remembering--so I would prefer a ffp for ranging or drops...idiot proofing needed in my case...

Matt

IT all depends if you will remember to take the scope to the calibrated point each time when you shoot.
For field shooting, tactical matches and hunting I prefer FFP because it makes my system more idiot proof.
So for me-Yes. FFP is worth it.

For BR matches, and pd'ing I would rather have SFP.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.