Few Coyote Pics

Song Dog

100_0975.jpg

100_0939.jpg

100_0901.jpg

Where they fell. I put the FX5 there for the pic.
100_0268.jpg

Rhetts (7 yrs) 1st coyote
100_1799.jpg

Now the happy group pic (Dad, Grace 3, Rhett 7)
100_1802.jpg

In Christ,

Song Dog

Great Pics, those first 2 dogs are huge!! That's awesome that your 7 year old was able to take one also.

Might want to take out the web address advertisements in your signature unless you are a paid sponsor. Just a heads up.

Thanks Kevin, I was real pleased how Rhett handled himself, like a season coyote caller:)

Also, thanks for the heads up.

In Christ,

Song Dog

Song Dog if I saw coyotes as big as the first two in CA, I would think we had wolves move in. Those are great pictures. Are you using a sling to pack out your coyotes? I am referring to picture number two. I hunt quite a ways from the road sometimes and have been saving hides. I have been looking for alternatives to skinning them in the field.

Song Dog if I saw coyotes as big as the first two in CA, I would think we had wolves move in. Those are great pictures. Are you using a sling to pack out your coyotes? I am referring to picture number two. I hunt quite a ways from the road sometimes and have been saving hides. I have been looking for alternatives to skinning them in the field.

I do use a sling. I quit using that one because the loops (noose style knot) is hard to loosen up when you take it off. I took some rubber hose, ran a rope threw it and on each end of the rope put a link from a chain. Then I just loop the rope threw the chain link and put the legs in it. Tightens up with weight and a WHOLE EASIER to get it undone:)

BTW- The second pic coyote weighed 38 lbs and the first pic was even bigger yet, didn't scale him. I would say he pushed 40+ easy maybe close to 45. But got to keep in mind most of my coyotes look big because I am only 5'5" and a buck 35:):)

In Christ,

Song Dog

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.