Feed Issues

I had a similar problem with a 6.5 Grendel before. My culprit was I was seating the bullets out too far, and the bullet would touch the lands and get stuck. Problem was solved after I seated the bullets further in.

OP,
Are you crimping your reloads? If so, raise your seating die to get away from the crimp ring in your seater die and then set a bullet on an inert round and try to chamber the inert round. I will bet it chambers just fine. On all the different .223 loads my family shoots, not one is crimped and I have had no problems with setback.
Good luck.

all the things mentioned could be cause - not bumped back shoulder enough or bullet seated out too far and hitting lans. Do you check each type bullet to see what touching lans is for it then set it back 5 thou - not all bullets can be max mag length. You need to get the bump gauge mentioned to save hassles in future. I have match chamber in my gren and some bullets like the 123 sst and amax are designed with proper secant to go about max - others ( even lighter bullets like 100 amax cannot and caused the same issue that you have.
just going with book crap length info will often cause issues. You need the right tools for the job to avoid guessing and hoping.
I assume you are trying several diff mags and loading only three in to do a test?

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.