FedEx strikes againšŸ˜”

I too had bought somthing that was shipped using amazon shipping in conjunction with UPS, package was delivered to an adress a couple miles away. I got ahold of the local UPS hub, they said the package had my name on it but the address on package label was not mine. Ended up being the shippers fault and they refunded my money. Also, I sold and shipped a package using USPS, they delivered the package 5 blocks from where it was suppose to be delivered, after I contacted the local post office about the problem, they tried twice to recover the package but nobody would answer the door where the package was mistakenly delivered. I had it insured so I got my money back, but I proubley went to the post office 6 times before that issue was over. Not to mention I had a PO buyer that did not get his goods.

Not to let this thread die -- Hopefully, I can get this out in less than 300 words.

I ordered a small 90 pound + gun safe from Cabela's (Cabello's in my head) on Feb 28. It cost $237 & change with my 5% veteran's discount.

I received a FedEx tracking number & an impossible estimated arrival date, March 3 - I went to the FedEx tracking site and saw FedEx was waiting for the item & it weighed 4.7 pounds vs. 90 plus.

On March 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 - same stuff - FedEx still waiting to receive item. I "chatted with Cabela's (via internet) & told them about the problem on March 4.

Later, March 6, the big white FedEx truck pulls up & the driver guy gets a dolly then wheels up a long cardboard box. I greet him - thank you. Tearing off multiple layers of tape, cardboard, & styrofoam shows an undamaged 90 pound + gun safe. The Fed Ex tracking site still shows - waiting for item.

Not over yet, March 8, I get an email from Cabela's telling me my gun safe has shipped with new tracking number. More "chats" & emails. I tell Cabela's safe#1 was delivered & to cancel the order & they say they will attempt to cancel. FedEx tracking has arrival of safe #2 on March 13.

Then today, March 11, FedEx tracking tells me arrival to be March 13. Then at Big Timber MT an "exception" occurs, bad weather, then another exception at Billings MT (reverse direction) - "Returning package to shipper Shipper requested shipment to be returned - Unable to deliver shipment - Returning to shipper". FedEx arrival date remains - March 13.

Waiting - will the FedEx truck show up on March 13-15? Only one charge for $237 plus on my credit card at this point. Messing around with FedEx "virtual assistant" is a trial :confused:, like elementary school AI. Circular - ending at start, no good info.

Last edited:
From FedEx via email this early AM:

Hi. Your package is scheduled for delivery tomorrow.​
spacer.gif
spacer.gif

what's next?
Looks like IT section quit working on tracking long time ago - they might have all quit.​