Federal Premium 300 RUM Brass

4ester

Just picked up 100 rounds of this brass as I have never seen anything besides Remy and Nosler for the RUM.

Anyone running this brass?

I would assume it is better then the Remy, and hopefully primer pockets are better then the Nosler?

Anyone neck it up for the 338 edge? Sitting pretty good on current stock of brass, and might use it for a future build.

Thanksgun)

Just picked up 100 rounds of this brass as I have never seen anything besides Remy and Nosler for the RUM.

I would assume it is better then the Remy, and hopefully primer pockets are better then the Nosler?

Anyone neck it up for the 338 edge? Sitting pretty good on current stock of brass, and might use it for a future build.

Thanksgun)

Where did yo get it and how much was it? I need some brass for my 300, and I can make some brass for my 7RUM. I just used the last few prices of the first generation of 300 rum brass that I got back in 2001. I got pretty good life out of it , but the new stuff is crap. I bought some Fed. Premium brass for my 7mag in the spring. Primer pockets are so so, but necks don't last long. Good at first, but they go away quick. BUT, it is definitely better than remy brass. Check your flash holes to be sure they are centered. Looking forward to the reply. Thanks, 7STW

I was also unsure, so a few weeks ago I posted up the same request for info, from the reply's I got I was assured the Federal Premium brass was excellent quality and to mortgage the house If I had to to get some. I managed to scare up 250 pieces and intend on using it for my Edge when its done, my 300 RUM I'll just use Remington like always.

Curious about the necking up to 338 too because there isn't an obviouis anealing mark on the case like some other brands I've seen.

Thanksgun)

Yes, it is good brass. I picked up some a couple years ago in a group buy and it seems to be a little heavier than Remington. However, if you load for max, the primer pockets will only last one or two reloads longer than the Remington brass.
db

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.