Federal 215 vs. 215M

curtiscd

Looking for opinions and results in comparing these two primers. I have been doing load development with 215's, but curious what results I will see if I switch to 215M's. Will I need to adjust loads at all, or will they just become more consistent. Thank you in advance.

They are the same primers. Supposedly the match primers are made by the more experienced employees so they may be more consistent.

Looking for opinions and results in comparing these two primers. I have been doing load development with 215's, but curious what results I will see if I switch to 215M's. Will I need to adjust loads at all, or will they just become more consistent. Thank you in advance.

Each time I make a ANY change (including a change in batch #) on my load, I NEVER assume that they will perform the same without any adjustment or at least a trial run ... but that's just me. :):Dgun)

They are supposedly the same primers, but are supposed to be more consistent.
Shouldn't have any trouble switching BUT, as FEENIX eluded to, don't take chances. Especially if you're running at, near, or over book max loads.

On a side note;
I haven't been able to find 215's for nearly 6 years!
If you've got a line on where I could order a few bricks sometime this century I'd love to have that information!
PM me.

They are supposedly the same primers, but are supposed to be more consistent.
Shouldn't have any trouble switching BUT, as FEENIX eluded to, don't take chances. Especially if you're running at, near, or over book max loads.

On a side note;
I haven't been able to find 215's for nearly 6 years!
If you've got a line on where I could order a few bricks sometime this century I'd love to have that information!
PM me.

Look up Reloading Unlimited. Com. A few weeks ago I picked up five thousand F215 (blue box), I've always used GM215M (orange box) but it's been about five years since I have seen any.
I'm using the regular F215 in my new 300wm barrel with the same consistency and performance that my last barrel saw with GM215M.

I have used both interchangeably in several rifles and loads throughout the Obama 8 year ago shortage period. I have seen no difference in accuracy velocity, or ES. I only just recently have seen the Match primers at uninflated prices on the shelves.

Just reviving this thread.
Could you imagine hand painting tiny primer pockets with a pipette or ketchup bottle of reactive explosive 8hrs a day, day in day out for 20 years then one day you get a big promotion to the "RED" stool on the match line 10 feet away and another 5$/hr!
Are these the manufacturing jobs were really fighting for? A robot would be way more consistent and the person maintaining it would make x3 the pay.

Hopefully all existing workers can retire out with dignity and not forcibly replaced by machines.

In my experience, I have found that they shoot differently. Groups sizes vary and position of grouping on paper changed between the two. And in most cases, I found the 215s had tighter groups than the 215Ms. The 215s even shoot better in my muzzleloader with blackhorn than Ms do.

I haven't noticed any difference. It's my understanding, and it may be "fake news"....the "Match" primers go through an additional inspection step! memtb

In my 7mm RM I had to increase 0.1gr of H1000 when I went from my last 215's to 215m's, mainly due to old lot vs new. SD went up a few fps but they still hit right where I want them to.

I've read through this post and wonder why I'm the only one that experience a difference every time! I switched in my 7 STW, my 26 Nosler my 30-378 and my 300 PRC each one I had a slightly higher velocity and flattened primers! I tried multiple lot numbers!