Federal 215 Primers

huntoregon

I see a lot of guys recommend these primers but I can not seem to find any for sale anywhere. Can anyone point me in the direction of them online or something possibly? Or are they just not possible to get right now?

Fairly new to reloading and would like to try them

Most likely unobtainable at the moment, but don't let it detour you. Winchester primers are my go to at the moment due to availability and I've had good luck with them.

Try gunbot...if you google it you should find it. You can search reloading equipment like primers or powder. Think it is gunbot.net.

Where in Oregon are you? I have a bunch of 210M but now use Rem primers (load came with gun and it called for Rem primers - I wasn't unhappy with them). I am in Portland.

What Winchester or Rem primers would you guys suggest for 300 Win and 300WBY?

I tried gunbot already with no luck, thanks for the idea though.

I am on the southern coast.

With the Fed 215 and Fed 215 GM Primers they are nearly always out of stock due to demand, but are continually making them.

Here is sellor on Gunbroker that has 6 each of 1,000 brick available in stock (they won't be there long!). Federal 210 Large Rifle Primer No.210 1000 Ct : Reloading Supplies at GunBroker.com

Cabelas and Bullets.com will let you backorder and wait your turn. Cabelas is estimating an ETA of 2-3 weeks right now on Fed 215's.

IMO the most consistent brisance primers and consistent cup hardness come from Federal but they are also using them in all their factory ammunition so we get what is left over basically.

Back order enough that you don't have to worry about running out and you will get them, sooner or more likely later.

Not available for back order from Midway but have and ETA of 1/26/16 on both the 215 and 215GM's, there click on Notify Me button to get email when they come but they will sell out in less than couple days usually so react if you get notified.

Here is a "Don't Mean Squat" primer comparison but can give some indication to overall primer differences. Primer Testing Reference

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.