Federal 210 Primers Not firing

Contamination can't be ruled out, either. I never touch primers with my hands. Last primer failure I had was in the seventies. Don't remember what brand.

Been working a new load for a 300 win mag. Using "CCI 250 mag Primers" had 8 out of 20 not fire! Good Dent's on primers. Same as All the others! Just a case of Bad Primers ? Have Never had a Mis Fire on reloaded Ammo before this! NEVER! Maybe I've just been lucky?

I have a batch of CCI 250 that has occasional misfires in all guns I have used them in. Several other primer brands never failed to fire with the same guns and loads. Bad primers do happen.

I have a batch of CCI 250 that has occasional misfires in all guns I have used them in. Several other primer brands never failed to fire with the same guns and loads. Bad primers do happen.
If there is an assumption to make, and until known otherwise, it's NOT BAD PRIMERS.

CCIs are thicker, and my testing shows best CCI results with 4thou of seated crush (-vs-2thou for Feds), to better sensitize them.
My observed failures have consistently showed up with CCIs first. Things like lower temperature shooting, or a slip of firing pin in it's cocking piece.

Keep in mind that primer firing is more than deep indentation on striking, if that at all.
To test this, I once smashed a primer fully flat in a vise. It did not go off.
Instead, there has to be enough relative speed of strike, with only sufficient striker mass/force, to set off the explosive pellet.
Relative speed is produced with a sum of striking components and primer movements.

PLEASE LAPUA, I AM BEGGING YOU TO MAKE SOME BRASS IN 6.5 PRC! 😁
May be getting ready for shortage on Lapua 338 brass Norma 338 brass Berger 215 hybrid 30 cal. bullets as the new government contract for 800,000 of .300 Norma Magnum 200,000 338 Norma magnum.
Capstone Precision Group Wins SOCOM Contract.

I know this is extreme, but what happens if you pull the bullets and remove the powder, then heat the primer. does it go off then? (do this outdoors with a face shield, 1) for the other half, 2) for looks) :cool:

Only time I had primers not go was when I was wet tumbling my brass and didn't get them completely dry. I let them dry overnight and it wasn't enough. When I pulled the bullets and dumped the powder there was clumps of powder stuck together that was wet. If you really want that brass to dry good you need some heat.
Shep

I wanted to ask and see if anybody else has a problem with federal 210 rifle primers not firing. I'm using them on a 6.5 PRC. I have put them back in the chamber and tried to fire them a second time with the same results. They have a good solid dent in them as well. I would throw them away and by a different brand but I just a brick of 1000.

How do you clean your brass between reloadings?

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.