Favorite shotgun

I love shotguns and have found there's no way to have just one favorite. I've got a lot of love for my Beretta A303. It was the first shotgun I purchased when I was a kid and the best $450 ever spent. The gun had about a box of shells through it. Anytime I'm shooting clays and I can shoot some of my friends Citoris they fit me great and I can crush almost everything I shoot at. It makes me want to get a Belgian superposed 20. They just don't make em like they used to.

I love shotguns and have found there's no way to have just one favorite
Ain't that the truth. Everyone seems to have one that they like a little better than the others. Some for sentimental reasons, some prefer the best looker and then others like fit and function. If you find one that checks all of those boxes it'll definitely be a favorite.

My current favorite Model 12 with its possible replacement, a 32" Browning 725 Sporting Medallion. So far it's 35/50 at sporting clays on its first outing but I'm going to blame that on IM/F chokes with an average shot distance of 15 yards. When the spread is only slightly larger than the target you have to be dead on with your lead.

View attachment 557750
The wood on the oven and under is insane. I just love a good piece of wood.

The wood on the oven and under is insane. I just love a good piece of wood.

Oh boy do I have a story on that one, wood is great, love the engraving and the gun points well for me. At least it did on the only round of sporting clays I shot before the action started completely tearing itself apart.

Every single sliding surface on that gun is galling together even while properly lubricated. It is back at Browning for the second time after polishing didn't fix the issue and I don't expect to be getting it back. It's been opened less than 300 times but the galling and polishing have taken a substantial amount of life out of the gun at this point. I suspect it was improperly heat treated after the engraving and the action is shot at this point.

Since it was sold NIB from a Browning dealer but it was a 2022 model I have no idea if they can provide another one or if they will just give me a refund. I did really like everything about that gun so I'm curious to see what will end up happening.

Interested in hearing everyone's favorite shotgun. Manufacture, model and gauge.
Since my gun dog has developed some health issues I didn't get out with my scatter gun last year and probably won't until she passes and I decide to get another.
My favorite shotgun depends on what and where I am hunting but my absolute favorite is my Franchi AL 48 in 20 gauge.
Looking forward to hearing your favorite.
My Ithaca model 37, 30 inch barrel and full choke. Had it for 60 years. Killed 37 deer with it and retired it.

My favorite, and only shotgun is my trusty Remington 870. It took 3 nice gobblers this season. #1 21.8 lbs. 11" beard , 1 3/8" spurs, @40 yds #2 20.6 lbs, 9 3/4" beard 3/4" spurs @ 65yds #3 18.1 lbs, 11" beard 7/8" spurs @ 56yds. It's also my dove, crow, rabbit and clay pigeon gun.

Attachments

• 20240325_074041.jpg
    20240325_074041.jpg
    617.4 KB · Views: 12
  • 20240326_085759.jpg
    20240326_085759.jpg
    630.2 KB · Views: 14
  • 20240404_072253.jpg
    20240404_072253.jpg
    575.7 KB · Views: 14
My favorite Clay's gun is a Browning 525 in 12 Ga with 32" tubes. My favorite upland bird gun is my Benelli M2 20 Ga. My favorite waterfowl gun is a Beretta Extrema in 12 Ga with a 26" barrel and Kick's High Flyer Choke. Not sure what it is about that setup but I can tell you it just rains birds from the sky! I have passed it down to my Grandson and some of the shots he has made with it have just baffled me. Shooting shotguns is just plain fun!

My favorite, and only shotgun is my trusty Remington 870. It took 3 nice gobblers this season. #1 21.8 lbs. 11" beard , 1 3/8" spurs, @40 yds #2 20.6 lbs, 9 3/4" beard 3/4" spurs @ 65yds #3 18.1 lbs, 11" beard 7/8" spurs @ 56yds. It's also my dove, crow, rabbit and clay pigeon gun.
I love that ASAT camo it's the best ever IMHO and my turkey gun is a Remington 870SP in the original tree bark camo

Favorite? Well... I have several break overs, several pumps, and several auto's. I have many 1100's, A5's, Berretta's, and even an old Browning Gold.

However, my favorite is an old Mossberg 500 pump 12ga with a fixed modified choke that I bought at a pawnshop in Duncan Oklahoma on my 18th birthday for $130 out the door. I have put countless thousands of shells through this gun, and later on bought a 30" ribbed barrel that takes removable chokes from a man in a parking lot for $40. Is it pretty... no, is it worth a lot of money... no, does it go bang each and every time I pull the trigger... absolutely. However, it doesn't get taken out very much anymore, but it's still my favorite.

Its hard to beat old reliable.I still have my first 870 as well as my dad's 870 in the gun safe. I take it out twice a year to oil it up and hold it just to relive the many days we spent afield when I was a kid. He loved that shotgun. I have never shot it. The 870 was probably one of, if not the best, shotgun ever made for hunting. Just my opinion of course and we all know what that is worth! Congrats on the Thunder Chicken's.

Recent Posts