Favorite Deer Rifle

Ruger m77 mkii. 300 win, bartlien barrel. Currently a vx3 LRP mounted on it. Dad bought it in the 90s. Taken many deer and elk with it.

Attachments

• IMG_2677.jpeg
    IMG_2677.jpeg
    579 KB · Views: 12
Mine was a Ruger m77 MkII in .30-06. I killed my first buck with that rifle. I have passed it on to my son and he has killed a bunch of deer with that thing.

My all time favorite would have to be my pre-64 Model 70 Winchester in .257 Roberts, because it was the most accurate hunting rifle I've ever owned. But a close second would be it's pre-64 Model 70 twin in .270 Winchester which I would use whenever the likelihood of longer range shooting might be encountered. The .270 was nearly as accurate as the .257 and I would use it solely for its retained bullet energy on the longer shots.

Currently I'm waiting on the availability of what will be my new favorite, in the form of a Howa M1500 SuperLite in 7mm-08. The reason for that change is the fact that toting an eight pound gun from before sunrise 'til after sunset is a mite more than this 80 year old hombre is anxious to do anymore!