favorite bullets for the 280 remington??

Mild Bill

Hi all,

What are your favorite bullets for deer and black bear sized game that you have found to provide excellent performance on the game and above average accuracy out of the rifle.

I have a Rem 700 bdl stainless steel in 280 that has been sitting around doing not much of anything that I have gotten an itch to work something up for.

I have a few ideas of my own, but am curious as to what others have found to be good choices.

thanks.

For deer I love the 140 grain Nosler Accubond. My son and I have shot a number of deer with his Ruger Mark II in 280 Rem. and my Remington 700 CDL in 280 Rem.. My favorite load is 140 Accubond,RP cases, Fed 210 primers and RL-17 powder. In my 24 inch barrel I get just short of 3000 ft/sec and good accuracy. Some three shot groups are under .4 inches. I am sure this load will work for Black Bear, so my vote would be 140 Nosler Accubonds.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts