Father/Son Axis Hunt

morgaj1

Spent the past few days hunting Axis in Tennessee with my son. With the heat and a storm front to deal with, they were a bit elusive, which added to the fun. I was proud of my son. He was very patient and made a heck of a shot - 204 yards off the sticks. Great time!

Attachments

• 2165EBAB-06DE-4040-91EB-9D8C252E1996.jpeg
    2165EBAB-06DE-4040-91EB-9D8C252E1996.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 503
  • E00CAF64-B1BE-4E3C-8640-4FB47C3CAC35.jpeg
    E00CAF64-B1BE-4E3C-8640-4FB47C3CAC35.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 379
Last edited:
Spent the past few days hunting Axis in Tennessee with my son. With the heat and a storm front to deal with, they were a bit elusive, which added to the fun. I was proud of my son. He was very patient and made a heck of a shot - 204 yards off the sticks. Great time!
Great shot. Are Axis good to eat? We have a daughter and family in Tenn., are they in certain areas reserves or all over the state?

Great shot. Are Axis good to eat? We have a daughter and family in Tenn., are they in certain areas reserves or all over the state?
We will find out tomorrow night, as I have a tenderloin marinating now. I've heard from several people that axis is the best tasting venison you will eat.

This was on a ranch in Tennessee, they are not free-roaming.

That's so cool that you can do that with your son! Well done!

TOTALLY AWESOME EXPERIENCE isn't it! I got the privilege of taking my Granddaughter on her first hunt last fall...and like your son...you couldn't wipe the smile from their faces even if you used a brick! Well done Dad!

Awesome and Congrats!!!!!! To me, the best venison out there is Axis!!! Love to hunt them and eat them!!! Again Congrats to both of you!!