Fair day today

Discussion in 'Muzzleloader Hunting' started by ENCORE, Nov 11, 2012.

1. ENCORE

ENCORE Well-Known Member

Although the wind was blowing like crazy, at least it wasn't a total cross wind today. With our firearms season opening up this Thursday, I decided I should foul up the barrel on ol' "Bad Medicine", my Pro Hunter, then load it up for the hunt.

I always post two targets and shoot at least two fouling shots, then switch over to the second target. My plan wasn't to have a "session", but rather to foul the barrel and just shoot a group at the other target and call it quits.

Everyone's at their camps right now so, I couldn't set up the 200yd range today. We have a week between the regular firearms season and the beginning of the muzz season. The camps will be empty then, so we'll get some longer range shoot'n in.

As hard as the wind was blowing today, the 3 shot group came out pretty darn good for an old guy.

Attached Files:

2. crappiedan

crappiedan Active Member

Nice group! Good luck

3. Lookinforlunkers

Lookinforlunkers Member

I shot the same powder/bullet/primer combo on the weekend...my target didn't look like that...lol. Nice shooting Encore

4. crappiedan

crappiedan Active Member

I noticed you said you fire atleast 2 fouling shots, mine seems to really tighten up around 5 or 6 shots.

5. ENCORE

ENCORE Well-Known Member

Without fail, this is what every first and second shot will look like. It worked the same but not identical, with the Encores that I've also had. It wouldn't be a problem on game at 100yds but, at 200yds I wouldn't take a shot without it fouled.

Attached Files: