Factoryville, Pa. Long Range Day 2013

Just a reminder that this Saturday, May 25 8:00am to NOON, we'll be doing the 2nd ever monthly Long Range shoot at FSC.

The silhouette and "tactical course" didn't go quite as planned as a friendly competition, perhaps we'll just hold off on that until just hitting steel from the bench or prone gets old and the shoot becomes more popular with everyone sighted in, then we can shoot for points.

April only had 10 shooters, but it is hard to compete with the opening day of Pa. spring turkey season!

well it looks like I am coming! Very excited but never did anything like this before. Is there going to be someone there to "assist" in how this all works? Do I need to "register" beforehand?

no pre register, as still a fledgling event, i predict there should be enough room.

yes, there will be myself and a few others available to coach and spot.

don't pressure yourself too much, for the most part it's still an informal and fun shoot.

hope to see ya there, appears that warmer gear may be needed.

i plan on going in June, Can anyone here help me understand the shoot, is there different classes ect. Im not understanding.

thanks for the interest sukel, as still just starting out, we havn't gotten quite enough of a following as of yet to do shooter classes. plus there's nothing about it that is actually sanctioned or could be sanctioned.

for the most part, it's a bunch of shooters taking a morning to stretch out a little longer than what is immediately available in the area.

the sizes of the steel mimic most of the scoring rings found in many other official events to give a guy or gal the confidence to know that they can get within a scoring ring. for those that like to hunt, the sizes aso give an idea of the chest cavity of game so that ranging and dope can be established.

but, hopefully when everyone starts getting bored with the bench, they'll move over to the "tactical course" and shoot for points competing against each other.

at that point, perhaps different rifle / shooter divisions or classes could be put into place.

Just a bump for the long range day at FSC this upcoming Saturday.

Last month the weather was blustery, wet and cold, only a 6 guys showed up, but knew how to hit steel through the gusts. Hopefully this month's weather will be more appealing.

N.E. Pa, between Scranton/Clarks Summit and Tunkhannock. About 5 miles from nowhere :D

put "factoryville sportsman's club factoryville pa" in google maps and there it is.

Additional bump for our shoot, Saturday July 27, 0800 - 1200

still working some bugs out, it's not the longest or biggest of matches, but no complaints so far.

Just a quick reminder this upcoming Saturday, August 24, from 8:00 am to noon, will be the Long Range Day event at Factoryville Sportsman's club.

It's the second to last one this year, where does the time go?

Just a quick reminder this upcoming Saturday, September 28, from 8:00 am to noon, will be the last Long Range Day event at Factoryville Sportsman's club.

One doesn't have to come at 0800 (or earlier), or stay the whole duration unless they want to.

The Tactical side hasn't progressed as much as I'd thought (but still available to shoot of the "Tactical" course), most folks are still just tinkering off the bench or prone without the points / competition feel. I predict that'll change for next year as the "regulars" may be getting bored with that "static" for fun feel.

Though these went over well this year, a lot was learned from this 1st year, and will be stepping it up a notch in 2014, including more steel and "other" reactive targets and scenarios, additional shooting stations, better benches, scrapping what didn't work and enhancing what did work / what was popular, and better utilization of the competition flavored tactical course - maybe with some sort of prize money or "coupon" to use toward a future match to help motivate this part of it.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.