Face Lift for my hunting ride

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Shawn Carlock, Apr 26, 2007.

1. Shawn Carlock

Shawn Carlock Sponsor

It seemed like the Redneck thing to do.
    [​IMG]

2. TMR

TMR Well-Known Member

I like it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Thought about doing it to my "yota" a couple of times

3. MachV

MachV Well-Known Member

Looks good /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif
    Was gona do that to my fire-engine red pickup But not sure I could find it again at the end of the day /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

4. royinidaho

royinidaho Writers Guild

How U do dat?

5. ss7mm

ss7mm Writers Guild

Nice looking tires and wheels.

Where's the truck /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

6. Len Backus

Len Backus Administrator Staff Member

Pretty cool!

7. Shawn Carlock

Shawn Carlock Sponsor

To all, the finish is a 3M sticker kit for lack of a better term. They come in a box of rectangle sheets about 15 x 30 inches. After that it is the cut, trim and lay routine. I had mine done by a shop.

8. James Jones

James Jones Well-Known Member

Theirs a guy here in my town that does it , he calls it "camo wraps" has about 6 or 7 differant patterns. The owner has a Hummer H2 thats "wrapped" and thier are a couple other that had it done including a 2000 Honda Civic that has the loud trashcan type exhaust and nitrous !! looks kinda cool in the shadow grass cammo

9. Fiftydriver

Fiftydriver <strong>Official LRH Sponsor</strong>

Great, now when we try to meet up for future hunts I will not be able to see your truck!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Pretty sweet, my wife would kill me if I did that to the GMC, plus I would loose the damn thing in the bush!!!

Kirby Allen(50)

10. NYLES

NYLES Well-Known Member

My old 98 Yota might need something like that rather than a paint job....What did that cost ya Shawn? Looks Good! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Shawn coat your wheels???

11. Shawn Carlock

Shawn Carlock Sponsor

It cost alot. I might have the wheels film dipped to match. I have a source for that.

12. 4ked Horn

4ked Horn Writers Guild

Cool looking rig. [​IMG]

I was recently talking to my bro about having the center stripe on the suburban done in camo leaving the top and bottom tan paint. My bro got all set up with some suppliers to start wraping cars and atvs but he hasn't moved past that point. I cant decide which camo pattern to do though. Finding a tan camo that will match the paint will be almost impossible so I was thinking of going with a dark camo to contrast the tan. Now I'm thinking of just doing the whole dang thing.

It just seems right.

13. MachV

MachV Well-Known Member

Seams to me the redneck thing to do with the wheels is to powder coat them blaze orange.
    Nuthin more imbarrasing than walking home cause you cant find your truck /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif
    The guy that sold me my GPS was trying to get me to buy the camoed one but NOT me I baught the bright yellow one.I've had it for years and have yet to loose it,sometimes camo can be overdone /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

14. Eaglet

Eaglet Well-Known Member

Mach V,

Very funny but holds a lot of truth! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif