• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED F.S. 7MMWSM 30" Krieger barrel block helical fluted bolt custom rifle

308 nate

F.S. 7MMWSM 30\" Krieger barrel block helical fluted bolt custom rifle

I have for sale my own personal custom built rifle.It is a 7MMWSM min. spec. chamber. 30" Krieger barrel, 1 in 9 twist with 11 degree target crown. Savage 12 stainless single shot with a acutrigger that has been slightly modified to a 14 oz. pull. Custom bolt handle. 8" alluminum barrel block machined out of a solid piece of 6061 alluminum stock. This is a vice style block not a glue in. It sits on 4 alluminum pillars and a full bed of devcon putty.The action free floats behind the block. The action has been trued and timed and the Ken Farrel 20 minute base is included,which is bedded to the action. Scope and rings not included. This is not a new gun but is in like new condition. Barrel has less than 700 rnds. through it. The five shot group with my hand in the picture was shot at 1250 yds. using 169.5 gr. Wildcat bullets and Winchester unsorted brass. E.S was in the 20's due to case capacity differance.The other 5 shot group was fired at 700 yds. This is a typical 5-shot group at 700 yds.With my best 3-shot group being 1-5/8".
This rifle is shooting now as a good as it ever has.The only reason I am selling is that I just invested in some new shop equipment,such as a CNC 4 axis mill for engraving and fluting bolts and I have another gun project for myself that I want to finish. <font color="red"> The mill is up and runnning and I have fluted the bolt on this rifle without upping the cost any.Flutes turned out beautiful!It is an 8 flute 180 degree twist in 3-1/2 inches </font>
$1850.00 with a 1 month return if you are not 100% pleased(only if still in original condition!) For $2,000.00 I will deep throat for the bullet of your liking and put on sharpshooter or rifle basic trigger.
All gunsmithing done by myself here at Straight Shot Gunsmithing.

P.S the rifle weighs about 22 lbs.
P.P.S The black square on the last target is 4"x4"

Below are another two 700 rd. groups one a 5-shot and the other a 3-shot group. Using 162 AMAX.

The 1250 yd group above with my hand in it is a 5 shot group,the other two shots are in the top piece of tape and are hard to see in the photo.The one below it(the one with the black square) is also a 5 shot group there are two in one hole I believe it is the bottom right.Don't hesitate to ask any questions if you have any.
308nate

Re: F.S. 7MMWSM 30\" Krieger barrel block helical fluted bolt custom rifle

BTT. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

I'd really like to get going on my other projects so this is my first and final price reduction.
I will drop the price down to $1700 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif and I will add a redding type "S" 3-die set. body die,neck die &amp; seating die /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif. and the satisfaction guarantee still stands.
Thanks for your interest.
Nate

Not to hi=jack the post, but will you be offering your bolt fluting service to other smiths? Cost and turn around? Thanks, Jerry

Jerry,
Yes, I will be more than happy to work with anybody including other smiths. Turnaround time right now will be about 1 week.
E-mail sent with prices.

BTT. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I was wondering if I could get just my bolt fluted? Price and turn around time?

Echo5hotel,
Email sent 2 days ago wondering if it went through?
308nate