Eyes of the beholder

rharfo

My kids first Western hunt, first Antelope. Shot at 248 yards with his custom Red Hawk Rifles 280 AI. Unit 19 Wyoming. Hunted with an outfitter. He practiced for two months shooting out to 400 yards. We had a bigger one in the group but no clear shot. He has only killed two eastern whitetails in the past. I could not believe how well he kept it together as we got into position , talked about the two bucks and finally the shot. Its not the biggest but in the eyes of this beholder a trophy of a lifetime.

Attachments

• IMG_0033.jpg
    IMG_0033.jpg
    260.4 KB · Views: 162
we get home from the hunt, posted the photos and my son tells me he doesn't want to hunt anymore. Wants to chase his motorcross dream...... I'm a little heart broken.... Just posted his 280AI for sale .... Guess it was my dream not his... At least that what he says.. Hope my daughter gets the hunting bug...

Kids go from one thing to the next often at that age.......he may get back into hunting in a few years.

Sort of same here. My 17 yr old is not interested in hunting. The 13 yr old girl is not interested either because it is physical. Makes you feel like a failure to some degree. However, they are both straight A students and stay out of trouble. I don't push my passions on them. They have their own and that is not always a bad thing.

Better than my first antelope. He doesn't want to right now. Let him check out all the shiny new things, keep the rifle, and leave the invitation open.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.