Etronx part help PLEASE!!!

mcbriderifles

I need a picture/specs for the firing pin insulator. It is listed as part 14 on the schematics and is referred to frequently in the manual. Mine is missing and Remington has been of no help. I'm not ready to convert this rifle to standard fire yet and I am in the LOVE this rifle camp (minority I know). Anyone with one of these that could send me a few pictures of the part on their rifle I would be eternally grateful. I have prairie dogs that need attending to and this is my favorite tool for the job. Thanks in advance.

I have an EtronX, send me picture of the schematic with part 14 and I'll get you a picture and/or measurements.

Jeff

So sorry I didn't see this earlier. Sooo grateful for any help I can get. There is supposed to be a small round insulator either on the back of the firing pin or in the shroud.

Attachments

• 20170531_082224.jpg
    20170531_082224.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 73
  • 20170531_082258.jpg
    20170531_082258.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 78
Swap in a standard afterarket trigger (Timney, Jewell, or Trigger Tech), an aftermarket PTG bolt, put it into a new stock, and have a gunsmith reset the headspacing (for the new bolt), and enjoy the rifle. No more special parts...Ever. :cool:

It goes on the back of the firing pin. I'll send a pic in the morning. I can probably turn you one from ultem which I used when I made a firing "pin" for mine. I just jb welded it to the end.

Jeff

Here is a picture of the factory electrode and the one I made. You can see the steel underneath the Remington insulator, it is just snapped onto the end and can be wiggled around. There is plenty of room under the black plastic that has the spring which contacts the trigger and inside the bolt shroud for a thicker insulator that can be slid off the end of the firing pin when needed.

and here is a second picture

Jeff

Perfect! Would you mind getting me a thickness. I've got delrin, phenolic, and polycarb rod. Which is closed to original or do you think it matters?

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.