ER Shaw Rifles

Discussion in 'Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics' started by amaasbball1, Jan 3, 2011.

1. amaasbball1

amaasbball1 Member

Anyone ever own an ER Shaw rifle or hear anything about them? Thanks

2. Lapua guy

Lapua guy Well-Known Member

Know several that have, even had one myself at a time I am ashamed to say, and I don't care for their quality of barrels at all. They are not what they say, which is a custom rifle at a factory rifle price. They are a factory rifle and a slightly above factory rifle price.

For what I can build a custom rifle for, I wouldn't touch em now. Bought into the hype once, won't happen again.

3. JUDD

JUDD Well-Known Member

A wise man once told me..."they are a piss poor replacement for a factory tube":D

4. Trickymissfit

Trickymissfit Well-Known Member

I knew a few guys that bought Shaw barrels in the past. The barrels were gone in 800 rounds or less in every case. Their steel looks to be Asian, or about the cheapest domestic stuff out there. Lots of sulphur content and some of the worst heat treating I've ever seen. These were all Savage drop in barrels, and I really think the factory barrel is of better quality. One thing I did notice that bothered me a lot was that the chamber depth in the barrels was all over the place, and one was so deep that he had to shave the end of the barrel. But the make good tomato stakes, and look just like Remington barrels
    gary