EPIC PDog HAMMER TRAIL

WOW! Nearly 3500 fps! How much barrel life do you get?
Barrel wear is a function of heat and pressure. Assuming it is loaded with same pressure as a heavier bullet running less velocity, barrel wear would be very much the same. You could argue that the lighter bullet would have a few grains more powder possibly making a bit more heat. It would be very difficult to find it to make a significant change if any in barrel life. Now take into account a significant reduction of baring surface of the Absolute Hammer that makes contact with the barrel resulting in less friction, you could make an argument for less barrel wear.

No insult or derogatory note was intended as you perceived...
I own and have owned and used Hammer bullets since they were not commonly known.
Brother don't message me privately to scold me. For anything. Ever. If you can't handle being snide and condescending in public then you ought not be doing it. You are correct, I will not "be thanking you for the education" when all you did was toss a bunch of indirectly related tokens to go willfully around the point I was making, which was that you CHOSE to interact on a topic of conversation with a valid observation and then CHOSE to wag your finger at steve (with another sanctimonious diatribe) when he interacted back on that topic with an additional playful observation. Why feel the need to chidingly tell him there's other bullets out there and bring up being a salesman? Just telling him to pump his brakes for no clear reason? Why react to things he didn't say? That's the thing I've been seeing recently that I find extremely strange. You joined a conversation about hammers, it's not like he was bulldozing a thread about bullets in general. I know full well that yhe oil trail is a byproduct of production and not his own design feature and that there are lots of fun ways to see the travel of the bullet. I also will not be throwing away my other effective and accurate bullets now that I have a box of hammers to test. There are a lot of great inventions in the field, it's fascinated me for decades, and we all know that there's a lot of history in guns and bullets that live on as fantastic designs you can still go buy.

The actual thread is about hammers, however, which are indeed his patented invention. So let us talk about them.

I'm curious to see what these would do to feral hogs in a 223 Ar15. Obviously it would be a different bullet size and weight. I wonder how they feed in a semi auto.
Not sure your twist, but the 52g Hammer Hunter or the 44g Hammer Hunter will both work very well.

I own and have owned and used Hammer bullets since they were not commonly known.
They are good bullets.Among many....
You called them an invention....Well .Inventions must be patented....
there used to be a bullet company named
Vapor Trail Bullets...
People have been oiling/greasing bullets for years to enhance their trail.
Herters used to market bullets near identical to Hammer bullets.
We,ve been watching bullet trials thru good spot scopes for years,and blow up hits before the common ability to record them was available.
The proof of bullet accuracy and performance can be read in equipment lists of major matches.

So you are going to continue being a......

They are good bullets.Among many....
You called them an invention....Well .Inventions must be patented....
there used to be a bullet company named
Vapor Trail Bullets...
People have been oiling/greasing bullets for years to enhance their trail.
Herters used to market bullets near identical to Hammer bullets.
We,ve been watching bullet trials thru good spot scopes for years,and blow up hits before the common ability to record them was available.
The proof of bullet accuracy and performance can be read in equipment lists of major matches.
Bill If I jumped to conclusions the first time, which I might have, it only turned out to be prophetic. Stop messaging me, and I will stop reacting to it in public. I'm reacting to it in public because I find your behavior repellent at this point and because the way I was raised and the faith I used to adhere to keep me from saying anything in the dark I wouldn't in the light. "FACTS".

"public slandering is too low" for you, but I'm clearly not stooping as low as you are with your furtive little scurrying. Keep it up and i'll start to care what you think and you won't like that much either. I'm simply showing you how your behavior isn't as upright as you want it to look and keeping you on the hook for your words.

I did believe what you say, I agreed with you, but you're changing what you're saying to make an agenda and yeah now I don't believe you, you're just spraying ink while you swim away. You've gone from "well other bullets are good too" to something completely different.

I'm not "public slandering", am I? That's open to a vote. Slander would be if I said something, or implied something, that wasn't true in an effort to devalue someone else or to fluff my own ego. Like when you tell me to "finish my education" or do my own research and "go to the images" to see what "hammers are patterns of" you're insinuating that a) I'm ignorant b) Steve's an intellectual property thief c)you're somehow the wiser, better man here.

Say it out loud and proud, ol boy so YOU can be educated instead of selecting which things you want to know and which things are too uncomfortable because they prove the things you like to say wrong. And for heaven's sake pleas don't message me unsolicited wisdom anymore.

I'm curious to see what these would do to feral hogs in a 223 Ar15. Obviously it would be a different bullet size and weight. I wonder how they feed in a semi auto.
I loaded my first hammers last night and I bet they'd feed like a treat in that platform, pretty impressed with the balanced geometry. I think with the absolute hammers like Ed is using here you might have to seat all the way to the most forward drive band to get maximum feeding since it's kind of a lip, but maybe it doesn't matter. It's pretty subtle. Since they're so low engraving in the barrel I wonder if that would impact gas cycling at all, I don't know a thing about ARs. But yeah since they're practically shaped for their weight class/length class and they're much less grabby than gilding metal over lead I bet they feed great, I had that thought while I was checking them out.

Edit, I meant to add that regular hammer hunters are more normal pressure so cycling would be definitely there and they're still plenty for the job like Steve said.

Last edited:
Bill If I jumped to conclusions the first time, which I might have, it only turned out to be prophetic. Stop messaging me, and I will stop reacting to it in public. I'm reacting to it in public because I find your behavior repellent at this point and because the way I was raised and the faith I used to adhere to keep me from saying anything in the dark I wouldn't in the light. "FACTS".

"public slandering is too low" for you, but I'm clearly not stooping as low as you are with your furtive little scurrying. Keep it up and i'll start to care what you think and you won't like that much either. I'm simply showing you how your behavior isn't as upright as you want it to look and keeping you on the hook for your words.

I did believe what you say, I agreed with you, but you're changing what you're saying to make an agenda and yeah now I don't believe you, you're just spraying ink while you swim away. You've gone from "well other bullets are good too" to something completely different.

I'm not "public slandering", am I? That's open to a vote. Slander would be if I said something, or implied something, that wasn't true in an effort to devalue someone else or to fluff my own ego. Like when you tell me to "finish my education" or do my own research and "go to the images" to see what "hammers are patterns of" you're insinuating that a) I'm ignorant b) Steve's an intellectual property thief c)you're somehow the wiser, better man here.

Say it out loud and proud, ol boy so YOU can be educated instead of selecting which things you want to know and which things are too uncomfortable because they prove the things you like to say wrong. And for heaven's sake pleas don't message me unsolicited wisdom anymore.
What are the most popular bullets in both LR and SR...???

Attachments

• 20220716_074813.jpg
    20220716_074813.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 91
  • 20220716_074508.jpg
    20220716_074508.jpg
    899.4 KB · Views: 88